Streetwars Cancelled!

jd

Official statement from Lee:

After such a promising start for 1/8 mile south west street racing at Dakota drag strip, the 2008 season has regrettably come to a halt and we have had to cancel the remaining events for the rest of the year.

East Devon district council received complaints about the street legal racing and other activities on Smeatharpe airfield. The council have now served noise abatement, plus also linking all landowners together on the same planning permission plot. This investigation by the council has been on going since the beginning of May 2008. The Sunday street wars crew have given the East Devon district council detailed information so they have a better understanding of Dakota drag strip.

The Landowners of Smeatharpe airfield are working very hard to resolve this set back and will be taking this to court as negotiations were not an option for a solution with the council. It is a major set back for the landowners and the Sunday street wars crew who have spent time and invested money in new equipment for the street legal drags. Sunday street wars is supported well by local companies and the Police, so we hope this will be resolved soon and we will be back 2009.

Thank you for all you support in 2007 & 2008.

Guest petenofear1

this is due mostly two 1 villager that dont even live there only comes down from london for weekend

i no this as they r tring to ban the motox as well

and as u say parker there is going to be riot befor long as the motox boys and girls r very pisxed off as this is one of the only winter tracks around here

and the motox and bannger racing have been going on here for more then 25 years

NOT HAPPY

• 1 month later...

I cant believe im reading this! I grew up down the road from smetharpe, even learned to drive on the strip. As long as i can remember theres been motorsport down there and the locals have always been so supportive of it.

Londoners moving down and cocking it all up for the locals seems to be a running trend, especially in the small villages around there. Ive been away too long methinks! :(