I Need Some Technical Advice........please

I am in the process of getting together my next stage of mods and need some info to save me spending cash needlessly...

I have already got sti injectors and an sti topmount intercooler ready to be fitted (both newage).

I am in the process of getting headers, a decatted up pipe and bigger turbo (TD05 18G) as and when finances allow. What I need to know is do all these have to be matched to each other or can I use an sti uppipe, andy forrest turbo and scoobyclinic headers (for example)? I realise there are engine management issues using a decatted up pipe on a WRX (as the ECU monitors the function of the cat).

Any suggestions?

Edited by scoobysailor
Remember when fitting the sti intercooler that to get the full benefit you will also need to replace the scoop undertray and rubber seal that sits round the edges of the intercooler.

Yeah, happy with that Paul, I have still to source one. I don't intend getting everything fitted until early next year to give me enought time to get all the bits (and the cash to pay for them!!)

I think i am right in saying that you wont have problems replacing the up pipe, its when you decat the down pipe that you get the cel light coming on but there is a fix for that.

I already have a decatted exhaust (turbo back), I was speaking to James Greenwood today (@Greenwood racing developments) and it was him that was telling me about the up pipe but he said he had a fix for it.

I am more concerned if you can just mix and match other parts of the exhaust system eg headers up pipe and turbo

the lambda O2 sensor is not on your up pipe it is on the headers immediately the other side of the joint to the up pipe. replacing the headers and up pipe will not remove this sensor as stainless / aftermarket headers will have the fitment to reconnect this sensor.

also cell fix will not by pass this sensor anyway as andy f could'nt cel fix mine when my sensor was faulty, had to buy a new one at nearly 200 quid

Harvey smith is a good choice for headers and up pipe

http://www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000/p...ndproducts.html

the lambda O2 sensor is not on your up pipe it is on the headers immediately the other side of the joint to the up pipe. replacing the headers and up pipe will not remove this sensor as stainless / aftermarket headers will have the fitment to reconnect this sensor.

also cell fix will not by pass this sensor anyway as andy f could'nt cel fix mine when my sensor was faulty, had to buy a new one at nearly 200 quid

Harvey smith is a good choice for headers and up pipe

http://www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000/p...ndproducts.html

I thought the O2 sensor was in the downpipe. What sensor is on the downpipe then?