Tyre Pressure (has Anybody Got Access To Pressure Charts?)

Don't sigh, i know tyre pressures are done to death.

My last set of tyres were Toyos Proxies TR1's in 205x50x16 on standard rims and lasted around 20,000miles however there was loads of tread left in the centre and the edges were scrubbed out. Now i know this will happen with fast cornering anyway but i always wondered if there were under inflated. I ran them at the standard 33front 28rear as per subarus instructions.

Now I have a set of Toyo Proxies 4's in 215x40x17 on rota GRA's. Once i had the tyres fitted I couldn't get a straight answer on pressures, so I thought that as they were lower profile I would use a bit more pressure so went with 35front and 32rear. This felt far too scary especially in the wet so i went to 33front and 28rear again and it feels better.

Now I know that there must be an actualy definitive answer for this. Toyo must know what pressure should be used with a certain weight car but i cant find it anywhere. Has anybody ever managed to find out?

Im running 215x40x17 on my car.

I use 32/33 front and 30 on the rear. Works well for me with pritty even tire ware.

:icon_salut:

Yeah see handling wise that suits me too. However I have been told by a few that you must increase pressure with lower profiles... anything over 34psi seems far too hard and I can feel the tyres loosing grip earlier.