Who Can Do It, And How Much Would It Cost?

Spotted a Wagon in the "For Sale" section that scientific steve is selling. How difficult is it to drop a flat four in, and is there someone on here who is a dab hand at it that fancies making some cash?

Fingers crossed the cars available.

Where do you live dude?

Dropping engine is realtively easy to do. Some of the bolts are a little akward but not an issue if your so so with a spanner. Have you got a place to do this?.... on the street is not really much fun especially if its pishin' doon ;(

Dropping engine is realtively easy to do. Some of the bolts are a little akward but not an issue if your so so with a spanner. Have you got a place to do this?.... on the street is not really much fun especially if its pishin' doon ;(

Yeah I have a workshop down in Inchinnan, one farm up from where AVA is. Im an apprentice Ag engineer, so plenty of tools as well!!

it's easy enough

So car is gone, but managed to find another one down at Scottish Scoobie breakers in Paisley. £600 for the car with no engine, but the rest is STi wagon spec. Now looking for an engine, whats the best bet for the car if you were on a tight budget. STi?!

s reg will be version 4 that engine is either version 1 or 2 so heads and inlet requiring changing to suit coilpack not indivial coils

Thats good to know, although Im not 100% sure as to whether the car is an S-Reg or not. Fingers crossed its a bit older and no mods are needed to drop it in! Just need to start looking for ancilliaries now and a full SS exhaust.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, had a wee think about all this over the weekend and decided that its a go-er. Just wondered being a complete novice with all this, what ancilliaries am I gonna need as I suppose when they say "Engine" they really just mean the block. Any help would be really appreciated!

Also while Im at it, what parts are best uprated/replaced before the engine goes in?!