Bad Times

right ok guys just crap night last on the way home from work the same b road every day my car just died. came off a juction had quick look in the mirrors and nobody about so put the foot down in first gear all the way to the red line 8000rpm then a pop from the exhaust changed to second and then the **** hit the fan engine just shut off all the dials droped to zero pulled in to the side off the road try to start it again but it just was turning over and not kicking in so popped the bonnet the was no oil over the engine bay and the coolant was fine so phoned my mate to give me a tow to the garage hung up the phone and then turned the key again and it fired up no problem at all and i all so had a half full tank off fuel aswell any thoughts would be helpfull because i do not have a clue what happened????????????????????????

hmmm.

when you gave it the beans, the fuel cut off didnt activate did it?

mind you , you normally have to reset them manually.

sounds to me like the ECU just decided to quit, maybe a safety feature of your ecu? cant see anything else that will cause your problem, then just work again.

yip sounds weired and if there was a fault with the ecu would it not go into safe mode i.e run at lower psi which its not it is peaking at 23psi i canna get my head round it at all. the elecs seem fine because when it died all the light came back on when i tryed to start it again.

not if the ecu power shuts down comletely.

that way NOTHING would operate, (injectors, fuel pump, spark, etc) but the starter motor will turn over as its a direct link through battery to the starter motor and ign. key.

edited as i spelt SHUTS as SH 1 TS!! and it didnt like it!! :rotfl:

Edited by emoe

ahhhhhhhh

right so we are coming to the conclusion that there might be some thing wrong with my ecu???????????

cheers emoe was just asking because i had to re-set my ecu once before and it was running 7psi on safe mode.

All i can say is that without actually being at the car, and without witnessing the problem, all youll get are ideas mate.

What it SOUNDS like is the ECU. And if you had to reset it before, then maybe there could be a problem with the wiring, the plugs or the ECU itself.

First thing i would do is to check the plugs on the ECU and make sure they are solid in the body.

After that, youll have to wait for it to do the problem again.

intermittent problems are absolute hell to pinpoint!!

If it does do the problem again, id deffo check the plugs to the ECU, and if it still wont fire, plug a spare ecu in, (known working! :rotfl: )and see if the czr runs then

Thermal problems can happen in circuitry.