Are You A Guitar Hero ?

Ok how many guitar hero's do we have ??

I have been after it for a while now just couldn't justify spending 70jibs on it, but on Saturday i couldn't wait any longer so got my self in to town traded in some old games (and a new'ish/favorite one by mistake (PGR4), well pissed off :icon_salut: ) and got myself some GH3, and have been playing it till my hands and eyes are nippin, i never realy thought it would be up my street as im a racing gamer but all i can say is its very good and totaly addictive. I have no music playing back ground but now i think im Santana, :huh: lol

I play professionally, ( real guitar i mean!) and guitar hero is absolutely pants!

i hate it!

its NOTHING like a guitar and the whole set up is terrible,

but then i also hate cheese and loads of people like cheese too!

I love the game... I'm a frustrated GH in that I've played a "proper" guitar for years and am still cr*p on it :D

As for Raining Blood in the game... feck me that gets hard (let alone trying it for real on a guitar).

Just had the band around for a little rockband!! OMG!!! I'm still laughing, it really was that funny.... four of us kicking it big time...... :D;):boxing::rotfl::o

Quite fancied a shot of Rockband but haven't seen it available for the Wii or the PS2 yet... am a frustrated drummer as well... well people tell me to shut up and stop tappnig the table, my feet, the steering wheel, etc :D

Quality! funny point tonight was my drum stick flying out of my hand and bouncing off the misses head! you needed to be there, but it was funny....

Only problem with rockband is how slow it is loading when playing band tour, ok in free play though..

I reckon I really need to upgrade to a PS3, although the "financial manager" might disagree :D

Thing is, they reckon that drumming in Rockband is fairly close to reality (in the higher difficulties anyway). Had a good few shots of mates proper kits but I'm the same on drums as I am on a guitar... get song amnesia instantly I pick up a pick or sticks and can't think of what to try out/practise.

Aye, well, either or... just dunno how the wife would take "another" console with the Wii, PS2, DS, etc already there :D

Only figued on a PS3 'cos the guitar from the PS2 works on the PS3 apparently, so could have a dual guitar setup on a PS3 ;)

Some interesting points, but for those not fortunate enough to be Eric Clapton GH will just have to do :D !

Finished GH3 on easy mode and had a load of fun doing so. Now i would imagine rock band a few drinks and stuff could only end up a very funny night, sounds good :D

Has anyone heard any rumors of "drum villain" ?

Still amazes me how many musicians and drummers we have on here, I play guitar (not overly well) and think the game is a larf, dont own it and never will but its definately got a grin factor to it. Always get a laugh when people think they will be able to play a guitar after playing the game lol if only it were that easy

Still amazes me how many musicians and drummers we have on here, I play guitar (not overly well) and think the game is a larf, dont own it and never will but its definately got a grin factor to it. Always get a laugh when people think they will be able to play a guitar after playing the game lol if only it were that easy

I wish...

Been playing for so many years it's embarrasing... I should be a guitar god by now if it wasn't for ignoring the guitar in the corner of the room for years at a time :D

Thing with it that I like is finding the odd tune here and there that you'd not heard before and realising how good it was, plus the downloading of tabs for the ones you've been playing in the game and trying to get good at them on the real thing as well :D

I'm loving GH3.

Got Rock Band as well. I've a second guitar from GH so you can use those for Rock Band and use your 360

controller + headset as the microphone for the singer.

Certainly a lot cheaper than buying all the Rock Band in a box etc.

Also...when GH4 comes out, I'll only have to buy the drums!

If you don't know already, the GH4 drums are supposed to be better than Rock Band as they also have

'cymbals' :thumbup: