Simtek Or Apexi? Where Is Andy F?

my car is booked in for a remap with andy in july, i was going to supply the apexi fc and commander but it turned out to be already sold so the question is, can andy supply the apexi or should i go for the slightly more expensive simtek? i have emailed andy twice over the last few days and had no response to the same question. is he abroad? oh my car is sti v3 classic. was also thinking about getting a walbro fuel pump before the mapping, already got a full decat fitted. does anyone know much about the simtek? has anyone had it fitted to their car?

my car is booked in for a remap with andy in july, i was going to supply the apexi fc and commander but it turned out to be already sold so the question is, can andy supply the apexi or should i go for the slightly more expensive simtek? i have emailed andy twice over the last few days and had no response to the same question. is he abroad? oh my car is sti v3 classic. was also thinking about getting a walbro fuel pump before the mapping, already got a full decat fitted. does anyone know much about the simtek? has anyone had it fitted to their car?

Andy can supply both. It depends what you want, do you want two maps if so the simtek is the one. I think Acid has this on his car. I have the apexi on my version 2 sti and i am very happy with the results.

Andy can supply both. It depends what you want, do you want two maps if so the simtek is the one. I think Acid has this on his car. I have the apexi on my version 2 sti and i am very happy with the results.

not fussy about having 2 maps tbh. what about the walbro should i get this fitted.

not fussy about having 2 maps tbh. what about the walbro should i get this fitted.

Mines already had an uprated pump fitted when i got it. I am sure the more technically minded will be along to advise soon enough but it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one fitted. Andy is about as he has posted a couple of times today.

Mines already had an uprated pump fitted when i got it. I am sure the more technically minded will be along to advise soon enough but it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one fitted. Andy is about as he has posted a couple of times today.

not like him not to reply to his emails. never mind im sure ill get one soon.

Yes get it fitted, you don't want to get it mapped to find out it's being held back as it can't flow the fuel. Even if your pump will cope an uprated pump will be less stressed.

If you fit one get a fpr aswell.

Johnny

I think Acid has this on his car.

yes you would be correct young sir, BTW thank you yet again John St! :D

ok if your not really fussed about having the opton of two maps i would stick with the apexi and save a bit of dosh, as far as i know theres not really much between them apart from the option of the extra map unless your really switched on with these things, they both do the same things, just that one does slightly more (extra map) than the other, or you can go down the ESL route

been speaking to a few people in the know and yeah the simtec is good as you can have 2 maps plus it has l,c and a,l but yeah as acid says turbos and clutches every other week would just get tedious and expensive the only bad point with the simtec is it can't retard the timing like the apexi can if its detecting knock i would go the apexi way myself, just wish i could find one for a classic at a good price

nope, but unless you have a fresh supply of turbo`s lying around the A/L set up youll get is nothing more than a gimmick!

My mates running the simtec with the A/L and having no issues, sounds nuts too, however means your brakes are slightly less effective ;)