Next Stage Of Tuning

I am thinking of (and trying to justify the cost of) my next engine mods and was wondering if anyone has an opinion ( :D ) on the following;

I currently have a MY01 WRX which has the following done-

Full decat 3" stainless Hayward and Scott turbo back exhaust

Intercooler y peice

NGK 7's

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Free flow filter

HKS SSBOV

Andy Forrest remap

What I want to do to it is-

1) TD05 18G turbo unit

2) Pink 550cc Injectors

3) Manifolds and de-cat up-pipe

4) Dei exhaust lagging

5) Another Ecutek re-map

What type of power gains am I likely to see from these new bits and is anyone on here running a similar sort of setup? I am just wondering if the increase in power/drivability justify the cost of the upgrades (1.5 - 2 grand :D )

The car isn't my daily driver at the moment so I just really use it for fun.....

I am thinking of (and trying to justify the cost of) my next engine mods and was wondering if anyone has an opinion ( :D ) on the following;

I currently have a MY01 WRX which has the following done-

Full decat 3" stainless Hayward and Scott turbo back exhaust

Intercooler y peice

NGK 7's

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Free flow filter

HKS SSBOV

Andy Forrest remap

What I want to do to it is-

1) TD05 18G turbo unit

2) Pink 550cc Injectors

3) Manifolds and de-cat up-pipe

4) Dei exhaust lagging

5) Another Ecutek re-map

What type of power gains am I likely to see from these new bits and is anyone on here running a similar sort of setup? I am just wondering if the increase in power/drivability justify the cost of the upgrades (1.5 - 2 grand :D )

The car isn't my daily driver at the moment so I just really use it for fun.....

would upgrade to an sti intercooler too mate,porting your own headers would be fine for that level of

power.gains depend on what your running at the moment?on road fuel you would probably get 340/350bhp.add 10%methanol and 370ish bhp.if its not a daily driver then methanol is definately worth considering!

i ran much the same but with a vf34 and fmic-340bhp/338lb ft and with methanol 370bhp/348lb/ft

What brakes you got on it just now ? might sound a bit a*** about tit but standard & even brembos can burn out when you start pushing on a bit, give Duncs a ring after the suspension & brakes are sound, sometimes you won't need too many engine mods you might find the right power delivery is OK with min engine mods & remap, speak to Dunc & Andy Forrest they wont take any more money off you than neccessary. :D unless your loaded wi money 2 burn.

Edited by bobbyc
would upgrade to an sti intercooler too mate,porting your own headers would be fine for that level of

power.gains depend on what your running at the moment?on road fuel you would probably get 340/350bhp.add 10%methanol and 370ish bhp.if its not a daily driver then methanol is definately worth considering!

i ran much the same but with a vf34 and fmic-340bhp/338lb ft and with methanol 370bhp/348lb/ft

I am running about 280 at the moment. I was thinking of putting an sti intercooler on but thought (have read) that my current one is good up to about 350.

Cheers for the info though, the figures you give above are about what I was aiming for.

What brakes you got on it just now ? might sound a bit a*** about tit but standard & even brembos can burn out when you start pushing on a bit, give Duncs a ring after the suspension & brakes are sound, sometimes you won't need too many engine mods you might find the right power delivery is OK with min engine mods & remap, speak to Dunc & Andy Forrest they wont take any more money off you than neccessary. :D unless your loaded wi money 2 burn.

Bob, I have mintex extreme discs and pads on the front and standard discs and pads on the back. To be honest I got this car as a bit of a project so am quite happy to upgrade it a bit. I am still at the stage of getting all my info together before I change anything.

I am going up to see Dunc next month to get an anti lift kit fitted so I will have a word with him then about my plans.

As always, cheers for the info.

Why not a 20G turbo? :D

I am looking for around 320+ as a rough power output. I am in no way an expert but with the 20G do you not introduce a lot more turbo lag and for the power it outputs do you not then need to consider upgrading the internals and intercooler etc?

Edited by scoobysailor