Advice Needed On Clutch Flywheel

I'm getting my new clutch and flywheel at the end of this week. I have the choice between a 5.75kg billet chromoly flywheel or an API lightened 7kg flywheel. I regulalrly drive across the dreaded Kingston Bridge so it can be pretty stop-start and slow driving.

Any advice welcome.

I'm getting my new clutch and flywheel at the end of this week. I have the choice between a 5.75kg billet chromoly flywheel or an API lightened 7kg flywheel. I regulalrly drive across the dreaded Kingston Bridge so it can be pretty stop-start and slow driving.

Any advice welcome.

Anyone? Bump....

it really depends on weather you like faster throttle response and a heavy pedal

Don't think I care about the weight of the pedal, as long as it goes better! How is this affected if I change to a 2.5 bottom end in the long, long distant future?

Duncan

i would like to know because i have a 4.75kg flywheel that is going in on sat with my new clutch? and was told the less drag on the engine will help it rev up quicker dont know if this is true but sounds good any way. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

That weight of flywheel will definitely make the engine easier to blip up the revs. You can tell a car with a lightened flywheel when it's revved. Aftermarket ECU will help with lumpy idle problems (hunting).

You could also fit lightened pullies, take more inertia out of the system.