Are Subaru Struts Made Of Chocolate?

Took my car to T&C in Aberdeen today to get my brakes looked at. Was certain that the discs were warped, but wasnt sure, as the car is only 6 months old with 4000miles on the clock.... :D

Well....They sure confirmed that my brakes were shot AND 3 of my shockers have gone as well!!!! ;)

I thought subaru had sorted the shocker issue out AGES ao, as I remember having to get my Bugeye STi rears, changed under warranty. ;)

On the plus side, got my TSL Ti-Phoon backbox fitted the other day - Sounds fricking ace!! :lol:

hope theyre replacing all 4 for you Al! i got all 4 of mine done 6 months ago with a bit of a struggle,but think they may be going again,hohum. but 4000 miles is shocking especially as 1000 of them were running in -bad luck or youve been rallying om the side :)

nice choice with the ti phoon,sounds great and like the ti finish to the tail :D

hope theyre replacing all 4 for you Al! i got all 4 of mine done 6 months ago with a bit of a struggle,but think they may be going again,hohum. but 4000 miles is shocking especially as 1000 of them were running in -bad luck or youve been rallying om the side :)

nice choice with the ti phoon,sounds great and like the ti finish to the tail :D

They said 3 were knackered, so dunno it that means they will need to change all four. :D They actually said that they have already had a 08 plate car back in getting all four changed under warranty! :D Me.......Rallying....Naw! besides, i've been sunning it up in the gulf for weeks!

Box sounds great, just need to get a centre section now, and i'm on my way!!!! woopeee :(

Iv'e only covered 2,600 mls from new & i'm getting that famous knocking noise again, had to replace all four on my 53 plate STI as well & as you say they told me that they had sorted the problem out, obviously telling porkie pies :)

Looks like uprating them is the only way to go

Wow, thats seriously low mileage to get 'the knocking' guys... 4000 miles and 2600 miles, interesting that its both GB270s that are effected though, I havent heard any other Hawkeye owners having these problems so early on.

Cheers,

Grant

m8 had his white hawkeye front 2 replaced 7k on it

Booked in on Fri to get shocks checked at Grieves :D

knocking is interrmittent can be on rough road or just pottering into the drive, sounds worse cause it's amplified up through the chassis, first time it drove me daft B) grrrr checking the exh etc couldn't find fek all, Dunc at Hypertech put me right :D

Worth checking the bootlid to see if it's the problem. Mine was needing the lock mechanism on the chassis moved down a couple of mm to ensure a tighter fit when closing, but I got 2 shocks out of it anyway!

If the dealer couldn't fix it properly with some investigation then it's their own fault :huh: