Who Is Going To Be First To Try This?

I came across this on the Internet, that an everyday substance (acetone) can greatly improve MPG and performance when used as a fuel additive. I doubt I'd try this in the Scooby, but it might be worth a shot in an old runner to see what actually happens with this.

Anyway, here is the video, watch this first.

And here is some technical blurb on it.

Also did a Google search on it and was surprised at how widespread this method is. I have NOT fully read up on this so I'm NOT encouraging any one to try it, just wondering if any one else has come across it etc.

I use Acetone in Veg Oil for running my Diesel Transit on , but is is only 0.15% per volume. When you start to use to much you get experience a power decrease so it must be very combustable, its good for breaking down the oil to stop it thickening when cold and make it easier to burn. I read it helps improve MPG in petrol cars but I don't know the volumes / % used. The only petrol car I've got is the Subaru and I'm not brave enough to start experimenting with it, but if someone wants to try I've got plenty of pure Acetone (not nail polish remover).

Cheers, Paul T.

I know a guy that was trying out a similar product, they were called 'MPG Caps' or something like that, were supposed to reduce fuel consumption by reducing friction and therefore drag on internal components, can't remember if they were anything to do with Acetone, and i've not spoken to him in ages so not sure if they have properly worked.. I do know however that he somehow got into contact with the guy in the States and was going to be a UK distributor... Must be something in it..... :rolleyes:

Ok, so for 30 litres of normal 95ron... how many ml would I add to it to keep things safe??

I'm up for throwing some in my 'dog car' and seeing if there is any difference. :blush:

Cheers,

Grant

Grant the guy on this site recommends adding 2.5 ml per litre of petrol OR 1.5 ml per litre of diesel.

Also, that site has 8 or more pages worth of posts on it, might be some light reading for when you are bored!

Let us know if you try it and how you get on. When testing it, make sure you do identical runs :rolleyes: