Fuel Shortage On The Way?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/7356235.stm

"Bosses at Scotland's only crude oil refinery have started a shutdown after claiming an impending strike will compromise safety.

Ineos said the Grangemouth refinery could shut for "at least a month", and warned of major fuel shortages. "

The compromising safety bit is Bull**** but it does look as if i will be on strike from next sunday :icon_salut:

Press scare mongering as usual and showing the sort of responsability that causes major problems.

Why would the driver striking cause major saftey issues?? BBC want a kick up the ar$e!! I will be filling up the focus on friday to be safe though in case all the panic merchants start their crap! The same ones that at xmas buy 15 loafs from the supermarket and meant I had none!

grrrr :icon_salut:

Press scare mongering as usual and showing the sort of responsability that causes major problems.

Why would the driver striking cause major saftey issues?? BBC want a kick up the ar$e!! I will be filling up the focus on friday to be safe though in case all the panic merchants start their crap! The same ones that at xmas buy 15 loafs from the supermarket and meant I had none!

grrrr :icon_salut:

It not the drivers striking! Its the whole site ;)

Edited by paul555sti

I'm sure that even if it is just the drivers that are going on strike, I'm sure that the site must have some sort of safe storage level, they can hold more than what they do, but theres bigger safely implications...

but I do Agree, this could quite well be a minor pain in the butthole...

Will check that out with my mate who works there. Although he is in vagas to watch the fight tonight!

Dont need to check it out mate i work there! Unless something drastic happens the strike looks as if its going ahead. They are starting to shut down plants tomorrow as it takes a long time to get them hydrocarbon free.

I'm sure that even if it is just the drivers that are going on strike, I'm sure that the site must have some sort of safe storage level, they can hold more than what they do, but theres bigger safely implications...

but I do Agree, this could quite well be a minor pain in the butthole...

The union told the company that the plants would be hydrocarbon free'd before they were left so there should be no safety issues. I heard from a source that diesel will run out before petrol but i dont know what stock levels are kept.

The union told the company that the plants would be hydrocarbon free'd before they were left so there should be no safety issues. I heard from a source that diesel will run out before petrol but i dont know what stock levels are kept.

It does'nt matter how much is in the tanks, During the strike nothing will be working so tankers won't be getting filled, and even after the strike it won't take long to run out and it will be weeks before its back in production. I've already filled the cars and all my jerry cans!!!.

Cheers, Paul T.

No pay for a month.....that would suck!

Hope the boss's back down before it gets to bad eh!

Not on strike for a month, its only a two day strike but due to the nature of our business it can take a couple of weeks to shut down and hydrocarbon free our plant and then starting it back up can take quite some time as well.

Good luck with getting someone to answer that one.

I asked 20 minutes ago on Page 1 and I count at least 3 INEOS employees who have posted since then and totally ignored me.

Andy i am not ignoring you but i work in the chemicals rather than the refinery so i dont know. I was hoping somebody else would answer taht one. :icon_salut: