Got The Bucket Out

Gave the car a wee scrub today in preparation of a visit to Hypertech. Had the Prodrive springs done a fortnight ago and now getting rear ARB, front /rear drop links, anti lift kit and fast road geometry done. Feel like a wean wi a new toy!

carwashapril001-copy.jpg

carwashapril006-copy.jpg

carwashapril008-copy.jpg

cheers Kevan

LOL! most certainly did. Twice in fact :angry:

Nice on Kev. I have my ARB on order from Hypertech and awaiting the call to go in and get hooked up! Tell Dunc I'm looking forward to it :angry: Also, are you getting the powder-coated ARBs or just the standard finish?

Lastly, what does "the two bucket method" mean? I know that it obviously involves two buckets, but in what way? I usually powerwash the car, then wash one side with the sponge, rinse it, then do the other side. I do the wheels and flaps last with what is left in the original bucket. Anyway, enlighten me! Oh and... next purchase, Big spolier :D

Let us know how you get on at Hypertech and how you like the new handling, look forward to hearing all about it.

J

Edited by TheWelsho

Right firstly throw away your sponge and get a Lambswool Wash Mitt then use one bucket for your shampoo and one bucket (with a grit guard) to rinse your mitt. Rinse off loose dirt with PW then wash the roof, bonnet and boot first then sides last. Wash wheels and arches with a separate mitt (Microfibre this time), rinse off with PW again then 'sheet' the water off the car using an opened ended hose then pat dry with a Waffle Weave Drying Towel. This will help reduce the risk of swirls as they are caused by poor washing and drying techniques. This is only a quick guide, I could go on - trust me! Clay, foam etc etc.....

Right firstly throw away your sponge and get a Lambswool Wash Mitt then use one bucket for your shampoo and one bucket (with a grit guard) to rinse your mitt. Rinse off loose dirt with PW then wash the roof, bonnet and boot first then sides last. Wash wheels and arches with a separate mitt (Microfibre this time), rinse off with PW again then 'sheet' the water off the car using an opened ended hose then pat dry with a Waffle Weave Drying Towel. This will help reduce the risk of swirls as they are caused by poor washing and drying techniques. This is only a quick guide, I could go on - trust me! Clay, foam etc etc.....

You turn washing a car into a science!!!!! I think I'll stick to doing it as I usually do, besides, those big mitts look a bit gay!!! That said, I use one for the wheels cause it's easier to get into all the nooks and crannies with it, but firstly I make sure no one is watching! LOL! :D

NKWRX - Car is looking good, liking the grill set and the alloys go well on it. Shame the bits you're getting done can't be seen though but sure the drive will be a lot better !!

You turn washing a car into a science!!!!! I think I'll stick to doing it as I usually do, besides, those big mitts look a bit gay!!! That said, I use one for the wheels cause it's easier to get into all the nooks and crannies with it, but firstly I make sure no one is watching! LOL! :angry:

Using a wash mitt doesn't make you look gay, unless of course the one you have is pink and you have a pair of colour matching marigolds on :D !! Honest though, a lambswool mitt and a good quality car wash liquid and it's actually easier to wash the car not to mention the all important reduction in scratching/swirls. Since I started getting in to the detailing thing I've now got the rest of my family using the same products as me to wash their cars cause they all agree from trying it out that it is so much easier and better for the car.

Edited by C_WRX
NKWRX - Car is looking good, liking the grill set and the alloys go well on it. Shame the bits you're getting done can't be seen though but sure the drive will be a lot better !!

Using a wash mitt doesn't make you look gay, unless of course the one you have is pink and you have a pair of colour matching marigolds on :D !! Honest though, a lambswool mitt and a good quality car wash liquid and it's actually easier to wash the car not to mention the all important reduction in scratching/swirls. Since I started getting in to the detailing thing I've now got the rest of my family using the same products as me to wash their cars cause they all agree from trying it out that it is so much easier and better for the car.

Thanks for the nice comments chaps

John, couldn't agree more with Colzo and C WRX, it's the only way to do your car justice and very satisfying at that. Will let you know how it goes at Hypertech, very much looking forward to the drive back to Irvine, I may be gone some time...springs to mind! Powder coated droplinks are the order of the day and yes you're righr about the spoiler

Gus, you're a bad man! :angry:

Edited by NKWRX