New Pads Advice Needed!

Hi

Just had my 35k service done at Barry Currans & my front & rear pads are nearly worn out. They suggested that I look at EBC Reds but I've heard that these can take a while to warm up where EBC Yellows can wear out the disc quickly. I also heard mention of the Ferodo DS2500, but also some reports of marks or debris from the pads on the disks. I don't really want to fork out for a full AP upgrade yet, so would just the OEM Brembos be a resonable safe bet?

I'm about to replace my pads and have imported Axxis ULT ceramic pads from the U.S. for about £70 for a front set (rears are OK).

I have been using Axxis for 5 years on my cars and have found them to be awesome. They perform well whether hot or cold and do not suffer from fading under heavy braking

They are manufactured in Australia under the name Bendix Mintex and rebranded in the U.S. as Axxis and I have seen them mentioned on UK sites as Rotora Axxis. Some of the big brake kits available for Scoobs come supplied with as standard.

(e.g. StopTech 355mm Big Brake Kit Subaru Impreza - http://www.zenperformance.co.uk/p/products/braking )

The site I have purchased from is Scoobytuner.com and the person I have rung and have had dealings with is Chris.

Regards,

Tony.

Edited by Zaphod_42

Alrighty Nick

I have EBC Red stuff pads front and rear and I do not have a single complaint. Ok so they can be a little squeely at times but the braking from them is vastly improved from OE pads

Yes they probably take a wee while longer to get up to temp but by the time your engine has warmed properly your brakes should be good to go

Once they have warmed properly they are just great, I am running standard discs with these pads and the discs give up before the pads do when I am out giving it the beans.

I just checked the Camskill website. They are charging £227.00 + £18.99 carriage for DS2500 front & rear pads. So my £210 delivered doesn't look too bad?

;)

I got my pads for 142 quid front and read, EBC redstuff!!!

Them ferrodos were high mate! Do some serious checking around next time!

;)

I got my pads for 142 quid front and read, EBC redstuff!!!

Them ferrodos were high mate! Do some serious checking around next time!

Can you suggest a cheaper source? I've just spent an hour & can't find anywhere (on the 'net) that are cheaper.

My man Chris at scoobytuner.com informs me he could do a full set of DS2500's for about £100 inc. postage

Thanks Zaphod

Checking the scoobytuner.com website, they are quoting $384.85 (£194.53) - I don't see a mention of carriage other than the free offer on the front page. There will be import duties to pay though, I suppose.

So, either he's quoting a 50% discount or has the wrong product?

Nick,

I apologize it would appear that I misquoted Chris at scoobytuner.com. Here are the prices he sent me:

Front: $209.95

Rear: $104.95

Shipping: $40.00

All up that is $354.90 or on todays exchange rate at xe.com - £177.64

When I shipped in my recent set of front pads from him I paid no duty on them coming into the UK.

This was also true of the previous shipment 9 months ago which was front and rears.

Hope this helps.

Kind reagrds,

Tony.

Edited by Zaphod_42