Run Flat Tyres

Wife has a Beemer wi run flats and it's time to replace them. Anyone know of any issues of replacing these wi ordinary/real tyres as we really don't like them. Down side is no spare wheel but there are ways round that I suppose. The extra thick walls on these tyres give about the same feel/feedback as Fred Flintstones stone wheels.

Cheers Kevan

Wife has a Beemer wi run flats and it's time to replace them. Anyone know of any issues of replacing these wi ordinary/real tyres as we really don't like them. Down side is no spare wheel but there are ways round that I suppose. The extra thick walls on these tyres give about the same feel/feedback as Fred Flintstones stone wheels.

Cheers Kevan

Hi mate had these o my Z4 pash is the word just change them for whatever you want get down to halfords and buy the 2 pack of holts tyre weld so if you get a flat just use the can and your fine. Greig btw 2 for £11 deal done. enjoy and real tyres are way cheaper.

Hi mate had these o my Z4 pash is the word just change them for whatever you want get down to halfords and buy the 2 pack of holts tyre weld so if you get a flat just use the can and your fine. Greig btw 2 for £11 deal done. enjoy and real tyres are way cheaper.

Cheers Spaceman, was thinking that was the way to go :D

What the hell are "run flats"?

Hi John, BMW in their infinite wisdom now fit run flat tyres that essentially have extra thick side walls so you can run on them after sustaining a puncture so no need to change wheel before heading for a repair. Downside? poor ride quality. Coupled wi stiff/sport suspension it can be a bit harsh. cheers Kevan

Hi John, BMW in their infinite wisdom now fit run flat tyres that essentially have extra thick side walls so you can run on them after sustaining a puncture so no need to change wheel before heading for a repair. Downside? poor ride quality. Coupled wi stiff/sport suspension it can be a bit harsh. cheers Kevan

I see! Seems like a good idea I suppose. I guess with all clever tricks like this, there is always a down-side.