Check Engine Light

right guys

fired the car up today, ran fine, done around 4 miles and the CEL came on ;)

stayed on for another 5 miles driven gentley i mean gently, then CEL light went out

sitting idling away the light came back on and touch the throttle and the light goes out

Met Nanaki down in the Kilmarnock but his secs unit doesnt work on my car :o so couldn't read the fault code

drove fine all the way home, no problems, but the engine noise sounds different above 5500 rpm, more like a blow on the exhaust, raspy

any help appriciated

going to check the codes by plugging in the black connectors if they are there under the dash tomorrow

the car never stalled or cut out once

Edited by Terzo Neil
right guys

fired the car up today, ran fine, done around 4 miles and the CEL came on ;)

stayed on for another 5 miles driven gentley i mean gently, then CEL light went out

sitting idling away the light came back on and touch the throttle and the light goes out

Met Nanaki down in the Kilmarnock but his secs unit doesnt work on my car :o so couldn't read the fault code

drove fine all the way home, no problems, but the engine noise sounds different above 5500 rpm, more like a blow on the exhaust, raspy

any help appriciated

going to check the codes by plugging in the black connectors if they are there under the dash tomorrow

lambda sensor poss.....

lambda sensor poss.....

just checked the ecu by the 2 black plug method

by heck, trying to keep up with the flashing cel is difficult

got error codes

33 - Vehicle speed sensor 2

45 - Pressure sensor / Pressure exchange solenoid valve

and just reset the ecu as well by joining the 2 blacks and 2 greens together and a light drive with no boost, took around 3 minutes

no faults stored, could have been dampness as not moved in over 3 weeks