My Scooby Clinic Visit

Well last Thursday I finally got around to visiting the scooby clinic. It was 195miles each way for me but after searching long and hard for somebody I could trust the guys at the clinic seemed like the best bet.

So I left sleepy Wiltshire at 4:30am and putting my faith in a Tom Tom travelled up north. Upon arriving at around 8:40 I was at first stunned by the sheer amount of Imprezas at the premisis (I counted three 22b's!). There must have been a good 20 cars around the various yards and barns and more turned up as the day went on belonging to staff and other customers.

I had brought a Roger Clark 6.1kg Light Wieght Flywheel, A set of lightwieght roger clark engine pulleys, a haywood and scott decat afterturburner downpipe and uppipe and a Sard FPR with me to be fitted finishing off with a remap to make the most of it. I would also be having the guys fit a new subaru standard clutch as the original had lasted 81,000miles so far!

The car already had a Walbro fuel pump, green cotton air filter and afterburner vortex back box.

The guys worked all day to fit all the parts starting at 9am and getting the last bits on around 16:45.

The remap was rather nerve racking as the car was put through its paces on the rollers and the final drive on the road with me sat in the back was fairly terrifying. However the driver did show me what the car was truely capable of in the right hands.

The resut....

271bhp and 283ft/lb of torque.

The lightwieght flywheel and pulleys seem to make the car rev so much easier and free up the engine so much.

The drive home netted me over 28mpg too so no worries there :rotfl:

All in all a great result despite a long drive and an empty wallet.

I will get a rolling road vid up soon but here are my graphs:

I am told the 210bhp is at the wheels and shows air fuel mixture and boost.

The 271bhp graph is at the flywheel and shows bhp and torque.

atwheelsgraph.jpg

atflygraph.jpg

Edited by FMJ
who mapped it mate good results by the way

Pat.... Um can't remember his surname lol.

Heres a vid of the rolling road but not very good as I was so worried about the car I wasn't thinking about what I was was filming lol. Got a couple of good pops on it tho :rotfl:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/fmjp...nt=remapnet.flv

*Edit just searched and found the name. It was Pat Herborn who mapped it for me.

Edited by FMJ

Just as a side note, has anybody else with the same sort of mods noticed the turbo is a lot more noisey?

Before I could hear it whine as the boost built up but now I can hear a fluttering noise as boost builds which starts just before the whine.

Normal? Is it a result of more boost? It seems to happen when boost is just starting, is it the decat system allowing me to hear more?

The exhuast note is also more raspy and corse now which I gather is normal.

Oh and I have lots of pops and bangs... sometimes after letting off the throtle i get 4 or 5 pops in a row.

Just as a side note, has anybody else with the same sort of mods noticed the turbo is a lot more noisey?

Before I could hear it whine as the boost built up but now I can hear a fluttering noise as boost builds which starts just before the whine.

Normal? Is it a result of more boost? It seems to happen when boost is just starting, is it the decat system allowing me to hear more?

The exhuast note is also more raspy and corse now which I gather is normal.

Oh and I have lots of pops and bangs... sometimes after letting off the throtle i get 4 or 5 pops in a row.

very normal,,, i can hear mine whine now and flutter when letting off the revs,, as for the pops i lost the big ones i got after the remap as i did the decat a couple of days before the map,, so going back to have pops and bangs added as i want it to sound like a war zone!