Plasma Or Lcd

Plasma will be past it's "best before" date in three years.

Sorry, have to disagree with that!

I've had a plasma for over three years and it still looks fantastic! Can't say I notice any degredation compared to brand new plasma's in the shops!

Probably depends on the quality of the plasma you buy and how much TV you watch, but from everything I've read, a decent plasma should last at least 20 years of average viewing and certainly 10 years of very high quality!

I've had a plasma for over three years and it still looks fantastic! Probably depends on the quality of the plasma you buy and how much TV you watch.

Quality is the key, you are right, the old phrase "you get what you pay for" holds true. Personally, even after all the screens I see every day for quality of picture the now old style CRT has it hands down.......not easy to mount on the wall though in this kind of size range !

I would definately recommend Panasonic! They make their own plasma and glass, so you can get a much higher quality display for less £££ than many other manufacturers! As said above, you get what you pay for, but if you go for a manufacturer that's buying in the Plasma and glass, then you are paying extra for the same thing!

Not bought one myself YET! (Got a kitchen to sort first ;)) but read these topics with great interest (and jealousy). Every forum I look at Panasonic seems to be the overall recommendation and John Lewis seems to be the place to buy because they offer the best in terms of after-sales service

Not bought one myself YET! (Got a kitchen to sort first ;)) but read these topics with great interest (and jealousy). Every forum I look at Panasonic seems to be the overall recommendation and John Lewis seems to be the place to buy because they offer the best in terms of after-sales service

panasonic or pioneer are the plasmas to have although the pioneer is a good bit more expensive