Project Forester Comes To An End!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just came in here to post up about the absolutely lovely customers I had in over the last couple of days and here I see I've been beaten to it.

Alan-G and Fab1, it was an absolute pleasure helping make your dreams come true today. You actually brought it back to me why I do my job. For all the cr&p that I sometimes have to put up with, having customers (friends) like you two make all the rubbish fade away.

So glad that Gus' Fozzy is going to such a good home.

Oh and just how CUTE is my new girlfriend Holly. She is an angel B)

Speak soon

Russ

I only pop on SIDC every now and then, but just kicked in this morning and found that it looks like theUK Legacy Forum has swapped to a small section of Scottish SIDC. Gus, I'm sure you will be very happy the Legacy, as much as it doesn't give the outright thrills in 2.5 Lux spec, it is still a hugely capable car, and they have kept the build quality that made Subarus legends in yester years. And as has been stated, don't go shopping in one, unless it's the pound shop.

Not having much 'child free' time on our hands, when my parents offered to babysit Hollie for a few hours today, when they were visiting, well Alan and I jumped at the chance to jump into the impreza and zoom down to see Russ again. As I didn't get a chance to even sit in the forester yesterday we were both really keen for a test drive, and see what exactly the forester was like.

Climbing into the forester with the lowered suspension was fantastic, and Imy you are sooooo right the heated seats are worth their weight in gold. Superb. Alan asked the major questions being what did Gus do to it? What's the horse power? me, well how does the CD player work? rather important to have some good tunes playing :D Russ pointed out the other good features such as the 'sunglasses' holder, lipgloss mirror etc etc :P and the heated windscreen is fantastic! wey hey subaru.

After fueling up, the drivers seat was mine................and it was fantastic. Great driving about, feels just like Alan's scoob until you turn round to have a quick glance in the back and you realise it's a Golf course in the back !

Then, on with the testdrive, and off to Russ's fav road.................not one for driving 'full throttle' but I did my best and it was amazing........

HOWEVER

Russ hastily took over after Alan's desperate plea to find out what the car could do..............and "OH MY GAWD" It's an animal! It's absolutely unbelievable what a car! :D

Edited by Fab 1

Well, Fab-1 got an opportunity to test drive her new Forester 2.5 XTE-N turbo today as the outlaws came up from Hamilton to look after the rugrat for a few hours, so - off to John R Weirs to see Russ AKA "Mako" the main man without interruption.

The wee one Hollie yesterday grabbed a set of keys from Russ's desk and started wandering around the showroom with aboot £150,000 worth of new motors in it. Fab-1 chasing her - me with me heart in me mooth - in case she keyed one of 'em.

Shes only 2½ years so ... :D

Just one little note here - Fab-1 (Jen me missus) hates car salesmen with a Capital H.

Russ is different completely. A rather charming bloke who is the complete opposite from the 99.99% of car salespersons out there who are just plain obtrusive dumplin's and well - complete ****heads really.

Russ is in a Different Class. Sound knowledge of everything to do with Scoobs - I MEAN, what a knowledge and passion for the job he does and a complete credit to his employer, but over all - just a F****** great bloke. Probably spent well over an hour just chatting aboot scoobs and providing quite right quality coffee whilst chatting.

BUT, Jen's itching for a shot.

So it's fuel up (part of the service) !

And off up the A9 towards Pitlochry went Jen, me and Russ. Jen doesn't push cars but did comment on the above than normal power on the go pedal.

Russ steps in at the Luncarty junction and tells Jen to turn off for his favourite demonstration road and tells her to floor it through a blind 'S' bend without lifting off. She did as it's a wee bit scary 'cos its blind, so she just did her usual, comfortable speed limit.

Did a round trip back to the same junction where I stopped Jen and asked Russ to "demonstrate" the forester over the same road !

Big f****** mistake by me !

Russ driving - me in the Pax seat Jen in the back with her eyes closed (just as fng well)

So Russ floors it into the 'S' bend.... very interesting (and blindly frightening towards the mild)

And then flat out towards a 90 degree right hander... ... getting faster.... getting closer .....getting even faster

getting even closer ...........getting even faster and getting even more close.....

I s****s meself and screams "Russ - thats enough !!!!!!! " What a woos eh!

Salesman and machine in perfect harmony ! He knows the motor inside out and deliberatelely terrorizies the occupants to accept the sale !

Total con.

Jen canny wait to get her Scoob come Friday. In many ways the Forester is better than me WRX and Russ agreed.

It's Mental with a capital "M"

Thankyou Russ (Mako on site) and Gus le Bus for everything !

Keep safe folks...

Jen is a happy chappess now and I have had me bowels cleaned for a bit - Thanks Russ.

Edited by Alan-G
aye, there's tons of storage space... I can remember pushing and prodding every button to find more and more pockets/dookets & cubby holes :P

jen, how many levers do you need to press/pull to get your driving position after Alan's been at the wheel? :D

LO! Well thankfully just the one.......... :D As I am 'vertically challenged' just need to move the seat as foward as it goes..........shame that aint electric, or the driver seat would be one step closer to being one of those 'lazez boy' chairs that you just have to have! :D

Glad you've been shown how to drive it properly. Now GET oot there on Friday and enjoy! :D

Picked up the Leggy this afternoon. Wheels on already :P (pics to follow) and a once round everthing just too see what needs eh..... cough............ upgraded :D

A few things ordered already :D

Gus

Edited by Gus the Bus
Glad you've been shown how to drive it properly. Now GET oot there on Friday and enjoy! :D

Picked up the Leggy this afternoon. Wheels on already :P (pics to follow) and a once round everthing just too see what needs eh..... cough............ upgraded :D

A few things ordered already :D

Gus

After what you did with the Forester can't wait to see the legacy! Nothing better for a Subaru than a bit of 'gus the bus treatment' :)

Can't wait till Friday, what an end to a week at work, picking up a Subaru that's had the 'gus treatment'! and getting the key's from a car salesman with a difference :D Fantastic.

Edited by Fab 1

Gus,

The auld Bus is oor new bus pal.

The mod's were unknown till Russ told us today.

You left a lot of gear in this Motor mate.

*** Statement****

If you want a motor - A right motor , a quality car... if not a Subaru then this aint for you.

Speak to Gus and Russ.

***End of statement***

Well happy chaps :D

You lot missed a blinder ! :D

All test drives carried out on private road while adhering to national speed limits (read... laws of physics) :D

Glad you enjoyed yourselves today. Made me really want to get another track car this year and be able to take you out round knockhill and show what a scoob can really do.

Hmmmm must start collecting the pennies.

Gus, you free for co-driver duties :D

Russ

All test drives carried out on private road while adhering to national speed limits (read... laws of physics) :P

Glad you enjoyed yourselves today. Made me really want to get another track car this year and be able to take you out round knockhill and show what a scoob can really do.

Hmmmm must start collecting the pennies.

Gus, you free for co-driver duties :D

Russ

Loved the test drive, even although I was hiding behind the front seat, with my eyes closed! :D

Gus 'AKA Mikey Corleoni' Love it ! The forester defo has had the 'godfather' treatment.

Loved the test drive, even although I was hiding behind the front seat, with my eyes closed! :D

Gus 'AKA Mikey Corleoni' Love it ! The forester defo has had the 'godfather' treatment.

Hey you talkin to me :D lol

"No dodgy dealings were done in the creation of "the Gus Bus Fozzy" :P

Edited by Gus the Bus
After hearing today what the track day's have been like with Russ as Pilot and Gus as wing commander, It has to be done again! The 'gravel trap' has missed you guy's :P

Lol we never QUITE made it into the gravel trap but it was MIGHTY close on one occassion :D

Russ, have yeah nae bought that track car yet :D