It's Dark Outside

...my camera still managed to make it look bright :rotfl:

I've tried a few times to get a shot like this, but failed. Patience and the proper settings on my camera finally paid off :lol:

Clicky for larger version.

2062291543_d4836d3f3e.jpg

I'm a happy boy (easily pleased eh :lol: )

Here's the settings for any camera bods (taken at 4:53pm tonight, ISO200, f4, 30sec, sturdy tripod and shutter release). To get focus on the car, leave the lights on (that was my mistake in the past :rotfl: )

Cheers,

Neil.

Edited by 4hero

Thats a cracking shot Neil!! :lol:

Ive been trying to get some good light trail shots for a while (well been messing about with it a few times...), they are not easy to get, location is definitly the main things, I think, that you need to get nailed... I think thats where Ive gone wrong a few times in the past...

Pretty cool stuff, really want to have a shot from inside the car when I travel at night, but need a tripod and another lens.......... dear god dont tell the missus :lol:

Nice effect though.

Ive got a very nice camera mount for in-car stuff Mate, bought it off Cal last year, very handy, although ive not tried anything at night with it yet except this...

1637391310_ddd4e6c2cf.jpg

Oh how do you make an image clickable in BB code...? I thought I knew how to do it, but I see I am failing miserably...

ta!

the mount is a b-hague suction mount, well actually, its a manfrotto suction mount - you'll find all the parts on manfrotto's website, with b-hague's sticker on it... aparently they designed it... (Yeah, really- the fact that its got manfrotto written all over it really makes me belive that... :D)

Link to it here: http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pa...cuum_mounts.htm

pretty decent quality like, I dont have a camcorder yet, but am toying with buying one, I suppose theres a few things I need to do/buy first like... the mounts about £70, although I bought this for £60 from cal... :lol:

I've got one of them if you wanted to borrow it. I've had my video camera on it mounted externally, but it's old and was only a couple of hundred quid to start with. My camera body was £2.5k+ even without the lens so there's no ****ing way I'm mounting that externally - no matter how well the thing sucks!

I've got one of them if you wanted to borrow it. I've had my video camera on it mounted externally, but it's old and was only a couple of hundred quid to start with. My camera body was £2.5k+ even without the lens so there's no ****ing way I'm mounting that externally - no matter how well the thing sucks!

Thanks for the offer Andy! I spoke to my darling wife and she has offered to tell Santa that I have been a really good boy this year, so hopefully will get one :D

p.s. had another play at 30 second exposures tonight, spooky (clicky to view on black)

no filters or photoshop on these, just resized for flickr.

2066286813_ed7dd44641.jpg

2067084176_82ce499638.jpg

good fun this, got some plans with the car tomorrow night, stay tuned :lol:

Edited by 4hero
Thanks for the offer Andy! I spoke to my darling wife and she has offered to tell Santa that I have been a really good boy this year, so hopefully will get one :D

Take a top tip. Do NOT do what I did immediately upon receipt and think "Hmmm... I wonder how good the suction on these things is?" without reading the instructions and try it on your living room door. Took me best part of an hour to get the f***er off. I now want to meet a girl with similar abilities :lol:

Take a top tip. Do NOT do what I did immediately upon receipt and think "Hmmm... I wonder how good the suction on these things is?" without reading the instructions and try it on your living room door. Took me best part of an hour to get the f***er off. I now want to meet a girl with similar abilities :D

^^^^LoL^^^^ :lol::D :D :D

:D:D

Thanks for the offer Andy! I spoke to my darling wife and she has offered to tell Santa that I have been a really good boy this year, so hopefully will get one :P

good fun this, got some plans with the car tomorrow night, stay tuned :D

You see why 90% of my stuff is done at night, I may not be that rounded (well apart from my belly! :D) a photographer, but the night stuff is cool! :lol:

I really like this one... B)

Edited by thefastone
Thanks for the offer Andy! I spoke to my darling wife and she has offered to tell Santa that I have been a really good boy this year, so hopefully will get one :lol:

p.s. had another play at 30 second exposures tonight, spooky (clicky to view on black)

no filters or photoshop on these, just resized for flickr.

2067084176_82ce499638.jpg

good fun this, got some plans with the car tomorrow night, stay tuned :lol:

Those are absolutely stunning Neil, how the hell do you manage it ............. You need to show me how you do it, please :P BTW forgot to give ya a CD again. Will pop in in Tomoz if I remember to lift it before band.

:lol: thanks Scott!

What you need:

1 dark night

1 tripod

1 camera

1 shutter release cable or remote (timer will do)

Stick camera to ISO100, f(the higher the better), shutter speed 30 seconds and push the go button :lol:

edited to say, I managed to get that cd after all, but many thanks for the offer (feel free to pop around anyway, I'm off on holiday until monday)!

Edited by 4hero