Weird Smell? (problem Solved)

Mine's was doing the excat same, turned out to be the drivers side rocker cover, pritty simple fix.

Wont know until tomorrow when it goes up on my mate's ramp but i did notice a little dampness around the passenger's side rocker cover when it was getting serviced a couple of week's a go so hopefully just change the gasket and that will be it sorted.

Stevie

I might have this too! Any costings?

st3ph3n, My driver side rocker gasket went a couple of days before my last remap. I phoned Nobles and the guy delivered the gasket first think in the morning for me. He forgot to send the two "D" shaped hard plastic plug thingys though (bad description, I know) . They have a slight lip on them where they fit between plate which are prone to cracking. I managed to use my old ones and bonded them up.

I think they cost around £7-£10...Canny remember to be honest but it was an easy job.

Thanks to nobles for helping me keep my mapping session !

Edited by Frank C
Cheers chaps. I usually notice it on the way home when I stop at the raith interchange. Cars just about up to temp then and I come to a stop. Once I get going again it's very rare when coming to another stop that I'll notice it.

get something similar now and then St3ph3n,if i'm sitting idling for any length of time,e.g. McD's(fast food??...not.)or sitting still in traffic for a while,seems do do it more after a service/oil change mind you(over filling??)but it usually burns of after a couple of miles and i wont notice it again for a month or 2.

I'll keep my eye on this thread .