Anyone Fitted A Td05-20g To A My02 Sti ?

Hi, anyone with experience of this mod ?

Car is currently fitted with a Power Engineering 3" turbo back exhaust system, uprated fuel pump and ecutek remap and producing approx 315bhp / 310lbft.

I've been told that the TD05-20G is a drop in replacement and that the car will achieve 360~370bhp after a remap.

Can anyone confirm this ? Any thoughts on turbo lag & general driving characteristics afterwards ?

Anything else to consider at the same time ? Headers, etc ?

Thanks, Mark

Im running a 02 Sti with a 20G and a few other mods. The car was mapped by Andy Forrest and produced 382bhp & 330lb-ft.

I wouldnt bother with different headers, would just get your standard ones ported and wrapped. A good thing to consider is a AVCR, allows more fine tuning of boost through the rev range.

As for driving I notice alot more midrange power, gives you a decent kick as it comes on boost. :rolleyes:

If your looking for any other info drop me a PM!

all you need m8 is a 20g, front mount intercooler, aps inner wing induction kit, fuel regulator, 15% methanol, a wee bit of octane booster and you should achieve 415Bhp :blink:

well there is a certain greek nutter from kirky who achieved this before he decided to go really nuts and fit a dusty bin turbo :driving:

Thanks for all the advise.

My aim is to improve the performance without compromising the day to day driving or the reliability.

I also want to stick with sensible mods that won't completely distroy the residual value when I come to sell in a few years time.

My plan seems to be:

Ported & wrapped headers incl replacement up-pipe

TD05-20G replacement turbo

Ecutek remap

I'm hoping this will get the car to 370~380bhp and 330~350lbft but I'm not really chasing numbers (honest!). ;)

Hopefully I'll have some before & after road dyno plots to post up once the mods are completely in early November.

Please shout if you think I'm missed something important ! :D

Cheers, Mark :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the advise.

My aim is to improve the performance without compromising the day to day driving or the reliability.

I also want to stick with sensible mods that won't completely distroy the residual value when I come to sell in a few years time.

My plan seems to be:

Ported & wrapped headers incl replacement up-pipe

TD05-20G replacement turbo

Ecutek remap

I'm hoping this will get the car to 370~380bhp and 330~350lbft but I'm not really chasing numbers (honest!). :D

Hopefully I'll have some before & after road dyno plots to post up once the mods are completely in early November.

Please shout if you think I'm missed something important ! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Mark ;)

the only important things you have missed are aps inner wing induction kit, FMIC, fuel pressure regulator and methanol :D

you know it will happen eventually :(

the only important things you have missed are aps inner wing induction kit, FMIC, fuel pressure regulator and methanol :D

you know it will happen eventually :rolleyes:

i've got one on my P1 and it pulls like a train in every gear, get the other mods mentioned above and an oil catch tank and you're laughing

From what I've read the standard panel filter is good for 400bhp and a front mount will just make the car more laggy.

Plus I see both these items counting against my aim of keeping the car driveable and reliable !

What the reasoning behind the fuel regulator and the oil catch tank ? How do these improve performance ???

Mark

From what I've read the standard panel filter is good for 400bhp and a front mount will just make the car more laggy.

Plus I see both these items counting against my aim of keeping the car driveable and reliable !

What the reasoning behind the fuel regulator and the oil catch tank ? How do these improve performance ???

Mark

dont really need a oil catch tank TBH, if your planning on going around 380BHP you will probably need to increase your fuel pressure (or get bigger injectors) so the FPR would be recommended, you wont need a front mount intercooler either TBH, your top mount will be more than enough at that level of power, a decent panel filter i would recommend TBH it will help your car breath a bit better, dont take all of what ive just typed as gospel though im just a novice who has been reading threads like this for the last two and a half years lol :D

dont really need a oil catch tank TBH, if your planning on going around 380BHP you will probably need to increase your fuel pressure (or get bigger injectors) so the FPR would be recommended, you wont need a front mount intercooler either TBH, your top mount will be more than enough at that level of power, a decent panel filter i would recommend TBH it will help your car breath a bit better, dont take all of what ive just typed as gospel though im just a novice who has been reading threads like this for the last two and a half years lol :D

IMO you will need an FMIC, 550 injectors, a FPR and definitely a catch tank. APS Cold air kit APS FMIC ideally, otherwise RCM K&N kit and a cheapo FMIC. I've done it and I needed all of the above and it's happy witn 10%meth and NF

disagree with the front mount m8, i know a few people who have run 380+ on a newage STi top mount with no trouble, Craig Mac did it, Andy.F still does it with 450BHP on his Spec C, Gumball did it i "think" Peter (Fai) did it before he went with the front mount and theres plenty others who i cant recall off the top of my head , all of them with no problems, agree he probably will need 550 injectors, disagree he will need anything other than a panel filter as these are seemingly good for 400 BHP+, the only reason most people fit an induction kit is because of the front mount anyway i think Andy.F is still running the standard airbox in his car at 450BHP with silly ammounts of torque

however like i said above im a novice, im not 100% on this

disagree with the front mount m8, i know a few people who have run 380+ on a newage STi top mount with no trouble, Craig Mac did it, Andy.F still does it with 450BHP on his Spec C, Gumball did it i "think" Peter (Fai) did it before he went with the front mount and theres plenty others who i cant recall off the top of my head , all of them with no problems, agree he probably will need 550 injectors, disagree he will need anything other than a panel filter as these are seemingly good for 400 BHP+, the only reason most people fit an induction kit is because of the front mount anyway i think Andy.F is still running the standard airbox in his car at 450BHP with silly ammounts of torque

however like i said above im a novice, im not 100% on this

The car may make the above, but safety is paramount and you'd be pushing it. The difference in charge temps and lack of heat soak from the FMIC makes it easier and safer to achieve the big bhp figures. Also Andy runs his own cars closer to the edge than he would a customers car and I doubt Andy would map a 20g without a FPR or 550's

According to AndyF's website the standard 500cc injectors are okay for 400bhp, so why do you think I might need 550cc ?

Still don't understand why a catch tank is need either - but that's just my ignorance ! :D

Mark

my 550's were at 85% duty with the 20g. Catch tank stops oil going back into the intake which kills the mAF

I'm running a 20g on a my02 sti with 360bhp/360lb-ft.

My mods in the power department are an A.Forrest TD05-20G turbo, Power enterprize 740cc injectors, APS CAI, Hayward & Scott 3" de-cat downpipe with 2.5" system, Magnex turbo up-pipe, Hks headers, Samco air inlet hoses and boost hoses, Walbro 255 fuel pump, NGK plugs 7's, A.Forrest Ecutek remap, Apexi avcr boost controller.

I find the car pulls far better all through the rev range with less lag than it had with the standard vf35.

I think i could get quite a bit more power by changing to a full 3" exhaust system and a fmic, but i'm happy with the way it goes for moment.