Satellite Sky Guru Required!!! Help Needed!!!!

Hi

Looking for some help as I'm not very clued up on this. I've been told I can watch Freeview on satellite as I live in an area where Freeview Boxes don't work. I've got a Sky Dish already bolted on the side of the house and I have the cable in the living room.

What satellite box do I need for this as I have no intention of subscibing to Sky. I just want to watch Freeview Channels and have a better reception for terrestrial TV using the Sky/Satellite Dish.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon Shek

I had this when I first moved into our house as the previous owners had sky and left the dish.  All you need is any Sky digibox, I got an Amstrad one from e-bay for about £25 or so, and then you will need a freesat card to watch all the freeview channels, best bet is to go to freesat from sky and buy one direct from sky as they only cost £20 and I was always a bit wary of the ones that I saw on e-bay, plus some were more expensive than buying direct!

The freesat website also gives you a list of what channels you can get as well.

I have however succumbed to the lure of Sky ever since Lost got bought up by Sky One, and it saved me from having to get my parents to tape 24 for me, glad I did though as am loving Heroes at the moment!!