Alloy refurbishment - Glasgow/N.Ayrshire

Hi folks,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my alloys looking like new again? Even though it's only a MY05, the previous owner has kerbed the alloys and it seems that some of the original paint (is it paint??[:$]) has flaked off a wee bit....and there's a few bits of 'pitting' from the brake dust etc.

A Google search came up with Recoat or Wheel Centre Scotland?

I carried out a forum search but it didn't come up with anything for my area......don't think I could drive to Perth to go to Coatech!

Cheers

Oh, maybe one for Colzo or anyone else who has their car in Crystal Grey.....should I stick to the original colour or would anthracite look good with the grey? Too dark??

Ref the post from G.Mac about Chameleon Powder Coatings in Renfrew....just phoned them and the bloke seems a good guy and seems to know what he's talking about. Car can be booked in for 9am-5.30pm same day service and they'll take the wheels off, refurb and then balance the wheels etc. Said that would come in about £220. Is that good?

Only point is that he said he might not be able to match the existing colour that goes with the Crystal Grey of the car. He does have anthracite, which I wondered if it would be too dark, but he said the powder contains a 'sparkle'......just sparkles in the sunlight. Has anyone seen this? 

I'll go and see him in person and post again.....just in case anyone might be interested etc.

At least with the same day service.....the wife wouldn't know I'd spent the money! Would she notice a different colour??? [*-)]

For 'same-day' £55 a wheel seems like a good price .

Remember they offer SIDC discount too , if you show your membership card .

May be best to visit them regarding the colour as it is hard to describe over the phone .

They are located behind the bingo in Renfrew - give me a shout if you need directions.

Al.

Richie my wheels are the PFF7s in Bright Flitter (metallic sparkle through it) and I would say they are very slightly lighter than Crystal Grey and I would think Anthricite would be slightly darker, but would suit no probs. Once refurbed get a good wheel wax on them to protect them. In my experience all standard Subaru alloys are bad for pitting.

My wheels are the standard 17's that came with the car....would they be the PFF7's as well or have you changed? After a previous post, I've bought the Swissol cleaner fluid and wheel wax. It's great for being able to wipe the brake dust off, just that the wheels are too far gone. It would be nice to start afresh!

My wheels are the standard 17's that came with the car....would they be the PFF7's as well or have you changed? After a previous post, I've bought the Swissol cleaner fluid and wheel wax. It's great for being able to wipe the brake dust off, just that the wheels are too far gone. It would be nice to start afresh!

My PFF7s are the Prodrive 18inch upgrades. Not sure how much difference in colour they are from your standard ones. Sorry I can`t be much help.