Your first experience in a Scoob

Ooh er! Not like that! [:)][:$]

Just wondered what everyones first time in a scoob was like, driving or passenger?

Mines was in 2002 when my friend went down to S+S to enquire about buying one, i tagged along in the hope that ther may be a test drive happening![:D]

Sure enough spicey John took us out in a red V plate classic and away down some roads at an incredible pace, i could not believe the acceleration, pace and handling of the car!  It was awesome!

Thats how it started, my friend ended up buying  a Terzo and i bought it off him a few years later! [;)]

Mine was back in 97 when i bought my First impreza turbo from Nobles! Traded in a Pug 106 GTI. Have to say for the first few days I didnt like the driving (always had FWD cars b4 that) but once I got used to AWD well.................av never looked back[Y]

actually thats not true coz I'm heading straight back to classic world[:)

First time i drove one was when i bought it from Nobles,went the LONG way home and haven't stop smiling since..[:)]

First time i went for a drive in a modded one was AlanG's..........f*** me........i've never been the same since...lol  [H][Y]

Not this Alan-G Frank. (confusion city here)

Got MY06  about 5 months ago and didn't take her over 3500 rpm for the 1st 3000k (Jail sentence really) or torture, whatever you want to call it.

I will not buy another car again unless Subaru go out of business.  Un-modded, straight out the box, quite unbelievable.

Best decision yet. Superb motor car.

In 1998, my old boy bought a Sport and 3 months later ( inevitable !)  he traded in for a classic Turbo.

After 12 miles on the Stockiemuir Road with my fruity faither at the wheel I was smitten. He has driven that road twice a day for the last 8 yrs so he knows

every convceivable camber, bump, apex. The grip and the burle were intoxicating............

The route to Scoobydom was slow as I was doing 350 miles a week for a while and the thus the Civic Type R thwarted the black buggy's arrival .........

The rest is history.........I thought my whip was lookin' tight until I saw Andy new fatty mobile ! Lucky Forker

Big Col McCrae was another big influence for me

Cheers

Cal

my first experience of a scoob was an sti8, used to belong to a member on here, went for a drive to aberdeen one day and I fell in love.

Ever since then I have been totally scooby mad!  Even though he scared the living sh*t out of me on some country roads!

I'd never been in one (other than sat at the wheel to make sure I could get my legs in) until the day I picked mine up from Motorpoint. The smile on my face when i tickled the throttle in 2nd gear leaving the BP station across the road was just incredible. I drove it home and just couldn't believe how enjoyable it was.

My first experience of them was being in a Pug GTi overtaking another car on a dual carrigeway, and having only seen a tiny dot in the rear mirror at the start of the overtake, pulled back in and this scoob went flying past me... was gobsmacked at how quick it was.

A few months later I was looking at swapping from the Pug to a Corrado VR6 and spotted a scoob for sale in the same place... thought I'd blag a test drive in it, wasn't planning on buying it 'cos at that point scoob were really holding their value.

Took it for a spin and that was me hooked, managed to persuade the wife that it really was a good idea [:)] Kept that first scoob for about 5 years before getting shot of it, purely due to the mileage I was doing, traded it for a Leon Cupra TDi (another nice car in a different way) but am back in a scoob again now (MY56 STi).

First time i drove one was when i bought it from Nobles,went the LONG way home and haven't stop smiling since..[:)]

First time i went for a drive in a modded one was AlanG's..........f*** me........i've never been the same since...lol  [H][Y]

Not this Alan-G Frank. (confusion city here)

LOL...what's why i typed AlanG not Alan-G...[;)]

The people who know the car will know what i'm on about [:P]   (confusion over)