Kames Sprint Track, Ayrshire, Sunday 5th August

Extremely popular with other car clubs, we have been lucky to secure a peak season weekend slot at this fantastic motorsports venue.

It comprises a superb and challenging sprint track which has just recently been upgraded and resurfaced. Only one car on track at a time, and you'll get as many runs as you can fit in during the day for about £20.

You only need to pay if you waish to take your car on the track, and there is no charge is you just want to come along and watch, enjoy some food and some good company.

We will also have a BBQ throughout the day (any volunteers or budding chefs out there ?), and hopefully a few other activities to keep the whole family happy.

No pre-booking required, but to give us an idea of how much food to buy for the BBQ, then we would appreciate you dropping us an e-mail at We want to come to Kames!!, with the number of adults and children in your party.

I visited Kames yeasterday and it's absolutely fantastic

It was run clockwise in the morning and anticlockwise in the afternoon, and each way was totally brilliant.

3 laps from a standing start and you soon learn the track, 2.7 laps in reverse and you only miss the big bend (paddock) Excellent stuff.

Roll on August

lo there

Doogsy if i am a wimp how come on the run from kinross to crail i managed to pas u and the rest of them up till third spot,aah can't hear you.hee hee hee.the problem is i am scared to write it off as it's a limited run of only 200,can't afford to track it,pads,disks etc,would rather have a good blast on the roads.

Euan took your time but hay it's good to have you on board m8.how's the little bug doing now m8.On the next run i am aming to take that second spot of u,maybe even dave's first spot.Will c u at kames then.

cu dougie+diana