dump valve not dumping

On way home tonight my DV 12 dump valve stopped dumping air[8-)]

checked connections out and all ok, so gave it full revs when going up the gears and it dumped air with a load pop / backfire from exhaust.

it worked for a while but was not as loud as usual, then stopped working again.

any suggestions?

it is only 4 months old

i had one on my 05 wrx mate and tbh it was pash after bout 3 months or so. leakin air when driving along normal and not dumpin either also noticed that i was losing loads of oil with it. dunno what you can do bout it but it ditched mine and bout a xs power one from WUZ. Hes a top bloke give him a shout and see if he can point you in the right direction. oh and the xs one never mnisses a beat and iv stopped losin oil. and its louder lol. greig

lube whit?

Take it off and uncsrew it. Have a loof inside then blow any stuff out, before putting it back on.

There could be soemthing not opening inside or such like.

Put if back onto the intercooler and try and drive it.

If that doesnt work, then in my experience your going to have to take it back to the dealer and hope they exchange it.

or get a new one. FORGE isnt too expensive and works well. If you do have the cash then i would get an HKS SSQV

Bin the Baileys...................seriously! RIGHT NOW! Idle issues and leaking on boost are all on their way to your car very soon with this kind of Dump Valve!

2nd-hand forge for your car will cost you around 60 pounds. Hardly earth-shattering in price.

If this seems too much for you...........you've bought the wrong kind of car!

Russell

Bin the Baileys...................seriously! RIGHT NOW! Idle issues and leaking on boost are all on their way to your car very soon with this kind of Dump Valve!

2nd-hand forge for your car will cost you around 60 pounds. Hardly earth-shattering in price.

If this seems too much for you...........you've bought the wrong kind of car!

Russell

paid next week, so bin with the Baileys and in with either a forge or maybe push to a hks one[:D]