Warning for Crail 1/4 milers

Just got an email from Crail Raceway-

logo.jpg

wheel.jpg

bartop.gif

news.gif

CRAIL RACEWAY NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, 19th April 2006

It’s all action at Crail this Sunday, as BANZAI return to find the best oriental motors on the street.  Joe Clifford, chief editor, is on the look out for the best Scotland has to offer.  So if your ride is oriental and mental, get it to Crail this Sunday 23rd April.

A brief warning to 4wd and big BHP motors, we are putting 'VHT Trackbite' down on the start, up to the 60ft.  This gives maximum traction for launches and will put extra pressure on those standard drive shafts and gearboxes. So if you're using the 1/4 mile, take it easy on first attempts.

Better watch yourselfs, I aint going near no 1/4 mile with mine!

Well I'm heading up this weekend, but shall be avoiding dumping the clutch as the chances of getting the wheels to break traction  would appear even more slim then normal. Just have to ride the clutch out as quickly as possible to prevent it bogging down I imagine, and then go, once the clutch is engaged there should be no more strain on the transmission than any other time you floor it and the wheels dont spin, just the initial lash on the transmission if you did a 6k launch on the TrackBite and the wheels didnt break traction  would be where all the bad stuff would occur I would imagine, but I'm still new to this 4wd stuff, would have been ideal for my old fwd rover, that said, I snapped a driveshaft on it with the wheels spinning once, never mind if they gripped from the word go lol.

Ross