Performance parts

How much do you want to spend?

I wouldnt bother with an induction kit unless you need over 400bhp and a front mount intercooler. The standard Subaru air box is one the best factory standard air boxes ever designed and the STi filter or K&N give the best perfoemance figures. So IMHO get a STi filter in it and leave it.

The dump valve standard on a Scoob is again one of the best designed Dump valve on the market. The VTA (Vent to air) dump valves wont increase you BHP but increase you street cred. I run a Baileys VTA and it sound nice (not too loud).

My recomendations for performace is a decat full or at least a downpipe, then get it remapped at Prosport. This will give you anywhere between 40-80 bhp with supporting mods.

Also get the prodrive handling upgrade, it makes a big difference.

[y]

Easy mods would be the likes of strut braces but the newage cars are a lot stiffer than the classics so would probably be more show than performance orientated. A whiteline rear ARB and some uprated droplinks would help performance along with a prodrive wheel alignment from Prosport (if you havnt had this already). You already have a car that has a fair amount of power so why not look into uprating the brake pads and maybe sticking on some braided brake lines with better grade brake fluid (a good brake and handling set-up will give you a much faster car than trying to get more bhp out of it[:D])!

It maybe worth looking at trying to get an STI intercooler (if you have a WRX) you will see a small performance gain but mainly from the Y-pipe on the base of the intercooler that couples up to the turbo, the STI one is alloy not ribbed plastic like the WRX ones which doesnt do air flow any favours, Samco do a silicone pipe for this that you can use with a std wrx intercooler think they are £70ish IIRC?

If you have a de-cat to go on you will see a decent performance gain from this and as said before go for a green or k&n replacement panel filter about £40.

with this i mean

eh??? Dont start getting technical Rob, we all know you go to sleep with a Haynes manual strapped to your head board[:D]

To be honest I have an STI panel filter in mine and I dont really notice any difference. Mike Wood from Prodrive recommends the OE paper filter???

I heard that the OE paper filter can cause problems if the car is used for everyday usage. Has anyone else heard that?

*Logical Mode On*

Surely the cars were designed for every day usage, and therefore the OE filter should also be so designed?

*Logical Mode Off*

I appreciate this may not be the case for highly modded cars [:D].

with this i mean

eh??? Dont start getting technical Rob, we all know you go to sleep with a Haynes manual strapped to your head board[;)]

To be honest I have an STI panel filter in mine and I dont really notice any difference. Mike Wood from Prodrive recommends the OE paper filter???

LOL it's all beyond me!