Im certain I want to buy a scooby Type r version 5, Ive seen the previous post by 'awster' asking about the 'RA' I know the 'RA' lacks the creature comforts, but the 'R' what does this include, elec windows? is it sound proofed? what turbo does the version five use? air con?

Is it really that quick 4.5 secs? Does it guzzle like a Rabsie Nesbit? Do you know the mpg?

Can anyone that has either experienced one or even own one, give me the low down.

I know that I should test drive one but want the info 1st.

Thanx

Neil

<< Im certain I want to buy a scooby Type r version 5, Ive seen the previous post by 'awster' asking about the 'RA' I know the 'RA' lacks the creature comforts, but the 'R' what does this include, elec windows? is it sound proofed? what turbo does the version five use? air con?

Is it really that quick 4.5 secs? Does it guzzle like a Rabsie Nesbit? Do you know the mpg?

Can anyone that has either experienced one or even own one, give me the low down.

I know that I should test drive one but want the info 1st.

Thanx

Neil >>

Just when you had decided I am going to confuse you. If you find an RA Limited version it has all the kit on it.

My MY00 WRX Type RA Limited came with :

IHI VF29 Turbo runs about (1.2-1.3bar)

Electric windows

Electric wing mirrors

Electric folding wing mirrors

Climate Control (with air con)

Central Locking

Gold STI6 wheels face-icon-small-happy.gif

Blue alcantara Seats

Blue centre console

Blue dash (<--------see icon)

Ally bonnet

Lightweight boot

Lightened Glass (or so the rumour is)

STI "Pink" suspension

STi4 mid level spoiler

"Sonic" blue paint (74F same colour as a 22B and P1)

No stereo

No speakers

No underseal (soon sorted)

No alarm (soon sorted)

Very little sound proofing (only really noticeable after my cat back after market exhaust went on)

Yep ........Got one of them...........

I agree with Chrisp.........well most of it........think I've got most of that.......electronic centre diff (haven't used that) but yes very quick.....considering totally standard.......mine came with stereo and alarm but believe they were both fitted at importers in Sussex........my car actually MY99 and agrees with figures and spec on FAQ's.......but was first regestered new July 2000.....I wondered about the gap (time) and checked re the alarm installer who verified batch of these cars were held at the dealers for over six months..........

However in reply to your question........yes I am very pleased with it......and have no plans to change....at the moment......but you know how it is.........never say never..... face-icon-small-happy.gif