Sport cat question

Gus.

I just bought a used one and you will need the centre section from a classic to make the TSL thundercat fit......

Some more info in here

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/forums/617761/ShowPost.aspx

and see here for more info on the classic section

TSL Motorsport Stainless steel WRC type anti-lag proof 100 cell sports cat downpipe fits all Imprezas - WRX, Sti 1993-2005.

From the same exhaust manufacturer that supplies Prodrive and with near identical flow to a DECAT downpipe!

As a responsible tuner.. both technically and environmentally.. we have long been wanting to achieve a balance between the performance of our de-cat downpipes and the legal and environmental advantages of the factory catalyst.

After months and miles of testing we are extremely proud of this fully catalyst equipped sports downpipe. Crafted in lifetime warranted stainless steel this downpipe improves torque and BHP with gains in the region of 20 BHP being seen on test whilst retaining the emission figures akin to a standard car.

These days with the increasing number of roadside emmisions checks and the recently introduced new MOT system which involves test stations being online to Swansea during the MOT test... its good to know that you can drive a quick car .. with no fear of retribution or failure at MOT time, when a Thundercat equipped car will simply sail through its gas check.

This sports catalyst downpipe is made of 304 stainless steel and to our own design using a WRC-type catalyst. Improves performance while keeping within the legal emission limits.

Brand new and at an unbelievable special price! Normal retail price £495 +VAT!!!

FITMENT:

93-95 classic Imprezas require 2 lambda bungs

95-00 require 1 lambda bung

01- (UK) newage Imprezas require 1 lambda bung & our one piece decat centre section to fit

source :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-S...oQQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Cal

Had a look for that too Cal thought it was just me[:D]

One final question! would fitting all of these require the remap? (don't want that expense just now!) and would the ECU light on the dash glow orange or is that only with full decats ie including up-pipe.[8-)]

Thanks for all yer help!

Gus

No remap required but might be beneficial for max power gains

You shouln't get a  CEL assuming all the sensors are connected properly and any necessary bungs ( if any) are in-situ.

I'm doing the up-pipe at the same time as I have Tek3 remap and it makes sense to do it at the same time saying as the downpipe is getting whipped off anyway

CGS

My Exhaust system is being rebuilt and replaced in its entirety in July by C&C Custom Stainless Exhausts in Hillington.  This is a 3" system with a sports cat after the downpipe.  Superb build quality - surely as good as any off the shelf manufacturer, but built on your car.  Meercat is also a superb option - buy custom built for less than shop price.

(This will be my third system they have built for the car [;)])

Brian [:D]

I spoke to Wullie @ Meercat today when i was getting a heat shield made up for my RCM induction kit.

He says SNAKEHEAD DOWNPIPE WITH 100 CELL CAT IS £430 FITTED to a 3inch or 2 1/2 system or you could get a SNAKEHEAD DOWNPIPE AND A 100 CELL CAT IN THE FRONT PIPE to a 3inch or 2 1/2inch system.

Personally i would go for the 2nd option as then the snakehead will have a better flow.

Aye! - a 3" system is detrimental to the EGBP on a TD04 and you will lose a little midrange on the car in comparison to a 2.5" system.

Your money, your choice!

Russell

Cheers for that Russell (and Cal too) [:D]

I had noticed this with my 3" back box and centre at present, but I had intended on going down the TD04 Hybrid (Andy F) route anyway after I get the exhaust built.  Maybe I should just start picking up bits of 2.5" stuff - mmmm - just looking to get above the 300 mark, but figures mean nothing really to me. 

Had thought of:

3" system (with sports cat) + ported OE headers

TD04 Hybrid (Andy F)

[sTI intercooler and under bonnet bit]

ECUTek remap (Andy F)

Any opinions anyone?

Brian [:D

Brian

You ought to get a K&N panel and replace to horrible intercooler hoses which can melt and have REALLY rank internals. Samco ones are so smooth in comparison and fit way nicer.

Your whip will breathe better - also if you go down the STi intercooler route then you'll ideally want an STi8 scoop.

I have been thinking about the TD04 hybrid too as i love the low down torque and rapid spool up. But i know an STi one will be cheaper and give more BHP

Cheers

CGS

• 7 months later...

I am chuffed to report the my 02 WRX passed it's MOT today despite the fact that a) the engine was stone cold :Dthe cat was bought second hand and is circa 2 yrs old c) it's got 1.2 bar if boost horsing through it d) it's the only cat I have in the car ( i.e decatted up-pipe)

Well chuffed that I can drive past emissions vans without fear and save money without having to f*nny around around with changing pipes over

Thanks as always go to Uncle Wuz !

Cheers

Cal