Test Drive Fiascos

Well as the misses is looking for a new motor we booked a couple of test drives at the weekend, Boxster, 350Z Cab, Golf R32, and TT Quatro Sport.

So turn up at Porsche great service no bull sh1t and couldn't have been more helpfull.

Audi were great as well, just chucked us the keys and said off you go.

This is where is goes t1ts up, turn up at VW and the sales man goes can you wait a minute, then proceeds to tell us that they have given the car to another customer who had booked a 24hr test drive but was supposed to pick it up after us. He then tries to justify it by saying that the guy had own 2 GTis and 3 R32, so I tell him I don't give a feck if he owned 10 Ferraris. Needles to say there will be a call to the Manager today to discuss and the misses is definately not buying one from them now.

Next was a test drive in the 350Z, so I pick her up after it and she tells me that she couldn't take it over 4500rpm as they were still running it in, so what the feck was the point int test driving it face-icon-small-mad.gif

What is wrong with the idiots!

Marc,

Nowt worse then a Root Bag for a car salesman is there!!

Cant understand why a guy thats had so many Golfs would need a 24hr test drive though??

Not too sure if the other half would like the 350z either. Heard a few complaints about them. Ladies think they are too big.

Not sure if thats the right story or not.

The porsche will be the best buy will it not?

Residual value, etc

A mear 15 stone???? Light weight

Try 19 m8 face-icon-small-happy.gif

You met my Wife? face-icon-small-wink.gif

Drool drool ...........................

As for me nothing a few hours under the knife wont fix face-icon-small-wink.gif

Pity they cant change out voice boxes, you would get on better then face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nice to have a little laugh

Sorry for highjacking your thread Mark

Jamie the residuals is one of the main reason we looked at the Boxster, she loved the car and I think her mind was made up after that. It is so nice to be treated with some respect when you look at buying a car, I thik a lot of dealers could take a leaf out of their book. I know it is an expensive car but that should make no difference. If your looking to buy a Fiesta or a Ferrari you should be treated the same (in an ideal world face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Craig you should know what dealers are like in Aberdeen face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Mark

I know what you mean, Been there at the R32 as well, told them to poke it where the sun dont shine.....

Dare i say it, But Hyundai were fantastic last year when i bought the Tucson CRTD CDX, great to deal with and treated like royalty

Pity the car never live up to what i expected..... advertised as 35mpg combined actual 18 face-icon-small-shocked.gif

So shifted that one quick smartface-icon-small-wink.gif They bought it back LOL

Craig

Mark

For the money, full leather, electric's, the dogs danglie bits it was a great machine and it was great to drive etc also 5 year warranty could not go wrong...................Fuel PMSL Not face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hyundai's answer...........we cant explain it........ They bought it back from me at a small loss, and 3 months down the line i get a recall letter from Hyundai saying, that they have discovered the fueling problem it is a one day job please contact the dealer for this repair

The shocking thing was that they knew that approx 1 in 5 of the Diesels had this problem

If it were not for the fueling issue it would still be in the drive......Alongside the Scoob

Craig

face-icon-small-smile.gif