Next car will be...........

Not sure if the offer is still on but there's shed loads to be saved on C class mercs at the moment. My dad got a new C200 Diesel with free sports pack (bigger wheels, massive brakes I was thinking of stealing for myself when he wasn't looking, sports springs and exhaust on the non-diesels) and a 5 grand discount. Oh and full leather interior with bum warmers.

Now fair enough it's not the fastest thing on the planet but it's much nicer than his previous C class. Much better build quality. Very comfortable. Great to drive on the motorway especially, and it gets immense MPG. They're selling them for second hand prices.

Yeah I know....just a 10 yr old turbo charged car with 90k miles isnt a safe bet any more + im clocking up a couple hundred miles a week!! I would rather get rid now when its still worth a couple & sellable!

I would love the 3L but it drinks petrol like a tramp drinks cider!! No good to me face-icon-small-sad.gif

Im still a young gun, 1st scooby at 21.......im sure i'll be back with another sometime along the line face-icon-small-happy.gif

To be honest mate, you're going to screw the nuts off a 4-pot BMW engine to go anywhere, its a heavy car... the 4-pots arent that good (With the exception of the 2.0d Unit)

I would go for a 6-cyl 325i at the least, it might mean you go slightly older.. or pay slightly more for an equivalent aged example to the 318's you're considering but it'll be easier to re-sell, give more relaxed cruising and potentially better MPG. Also more likely to come with a better amount of spec. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Cheers,

Grant

As much as i'd like another scooby I need to be sensible, I sat & added up the receipts for the current one last night.......very unpleasant!

Roughly works out if spread over the 18 months of ownership, broken down equates to £700 EVERY MONTH on insurance/petrol/maintenance/mods!! face-icon-small-frown.gif I understand thats the territory with such a car but circumstances change, racking up more miles now, house purchase last year etc etc (I wont bore you with all the details) I just cant aford to run one, not at the moment anyway!!

Nice big comfy lane hogger with leather & air con better suits my requirements atm face-icon-small-smile.gif

Got to amitt that the BMW are nice car but the 318 aren't as satisfying to have as the straight 6.

Go for the 320 instead m8.

I had a 325i and was chuffed to bits with it.

But my current scooby puts a smile on me whenever i drive it.

Did yous know that running a newage is probably cheaper than a classic because there is less maintance,less breakdown and more MPGface-icon-small-wink.gif

<<

<< I had an E30 325iS a few months ago, it was a hoot but not so good on the petrol either! >>

Thats because it's a old car..I had an E36 325i and that was not that bad on fuel.. >>

I'll take a look at the figures face-icon-small-smile.gif

mpg-meter in those cars were very entertaining face-icon-small-happy.gif lol

I could get a bugeye WRX for my budget no probs, but then id have the high insurance, petrol consumption to go with it, & the temptation would always be there to mod it & then break it. face-icon-small-blush.gif

Having looked at the stats for the range there doesnt seem to be much between the 318 & 320 at all really. 323 looks good, still a little poke 171bhp & 0-60 in 7.6 for when its required! 325, 328, 330 etc all going to drink the petrol!!