RB MEMORIAL RELAY! LANDS END TO JOHN O GROATS!

Hi folks! I?m sure the death of Richard Burns has touched each and every one of you, as it did me. It

Was Richard Burns who kindled my interest initially in Subaru.

I would love to contribute in some way to celebrating his life, and at the same time raise money for the

Cancer Charity of his families choice, so having run this idea by Phil and John S and with their support

I would like to organise an SIDC relay from Lands End to John O Groats in order to raise money for

Cancer Research, and celebrate the life of Richard Burns.

The outline is as simple as the plan. We set off from Lands End at 5am on the day decided to run this

Event, go to London, round the M25 and up the M1, M6, M74 and so on to John O Groats. Each

SIDC region relaying, or convoying to a Motorway service station on the border with the next region.

Here a cheque for the amount raised by that region by whatever means they see fit is handed over to

the Next region and the convoy or relay continues after a short meet. Now, I know some regions will be

off The route but they can meet up at the pre designated handover stations and join in or just hand

over The Charity cheque. The reason we are going round the M25 is to try and get to the groups in the

southeast.

As the relay starts at Lands End, Scottish Scoobies will set up Camp at John O Groats and the clock

Starts, however its not a race and all the police forces along the route will have been informed of our

Intent. When the relay finally reaches John O Groats the cheques collected will be counted, and taken

to John S to be deposited at the charity.

I think this is a great idea, a fitting way to celebrate Richards life, and to raise money for cancer

Research, a disease which at sometime will affect us or someone close to us. This is a way to help beat

It.

The plans are not in concrete yet and as the saying goes, he who plans early plans twice, so I?m open

to Ideas, suggestions for both the relay, and for ROs and members to help them raise money.

Feel free to PM me, or add to this thread. Don?t shy away this is going to be as good as we want it to

be So lets do it right!

This isnt just for SIDC, all other Subaru clubs are welcome!!

Callum W

(Copied from General Discussions)

Okay, unless something has slipped through the net, the weekend of the 6th and 7th of May look like the time to do it.

If anyone knows of a clashing event, then PM me and let me know. But it looks like it would have to be a major one to change the plans.

Callum W