car help!

I'll just by saying Hello to everyone. I've just been to look at a Scoobie, its a 97(P) turbo2000 with 90k on the clock and a FSH. The guy is after £4500. Theres a couple of things that put me off though, there was a tiny bit of blue smoke on start up, is this normal? Secondly the guy who is selling the car is not the registered owner of the car, he reckons the insurance was to steep, so he has put in on a traders insurance policy, yet it was advertised as a private sale. Am i being paranoid, or do i have a reason to worry about this?

i personally agree with neil and montybaber , it is a real buyers market for scoobies at the moment , i would walk away and have a look around for a bit longer , there are lots of well kept scoobs on here for sale , plus look at local traders hope this helps , welcome to sidc forums and hope to see you soon take care lou xx

Ditto, its not worth the risk if you have any doubts what so ever, there have been, and are some cracking examples about at the moment for the sort of money that you are talking about.

Have a look on the for sales section on here and have a search on autotrader or something like that, it will gave you a better idea of the right price at the moment. On a side note, and not wishing to sound biased, looking at cars that are advertised on sites such as this one should gaurantee that the car has been loved and cared for and that you will get good feed back and honest opinion from un-interested paries that may have knowledge of the car from previous shows or meets.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good hunting, and as soon as you buy one, we want pictures !

face-icon-small-smile.gif

thanks for all the feed back, defiantly going to give that car a miss then, sound like trouble. Last thing I want to do is a buy a car than have to be forking out loads of money getting it fixed.

Montybaber, I live over in Stroud, it would be good to hear about this car that?s for sale.

Thanks again!

Craig.