Just got my insurance renewal thru.....

REMEMBER REMEMBER REMEMBER that a cheap quote on conufsed needs to be double checked with the insurer straight away. The number of cheap ones I got through that were quoting for the wrong car (GX) was quite high.

If you think those quotes are expensive then try this one - in 2001 the AA quoted me £9000 on a 6 speed manual Twin Turbo'd Supra with no mods. The car was only going to cost me £11K!

I am £730 with elephant with additional driver and 2 claims a bump I had and the claim for the repair work when my car was stolen.

Extras I had to add were my morettes, Exhaust system and bodykit. I think they took about £15-30 an item for extras. And Im glad I declared everything and had reciepts the investigator that came round went through everything.

Thats full no claims as well.

Ive been with elephant for years. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Andy, you need to explain to the pre programed monkey at the other end of the phone that you havent fitted a dumpvalve.

Explain that subaru cars have a dumpvalve as standard.

Yours broke and you fitted a different type and that it does not change the cars performance.

I am having the same problem with dump valves and strut bars. One company had to put strut bar through as suspension modification. When i asked why something that made the car handle better put my insurance up they told me that I could go round corners faster, hence the increase. same as fitting bigger brakes !!!!!

It's good to get folk on the phone that know what your talking about when your listing all your mods.

Keith Michaels have now came back with a figure of £895. Looks like i'm going to go with them or Greenlight, who were about 4 quid dearer. Anyone had experiences good or bad with either of those two?

One of them (i forget which) said the dump valve would slow tha car down!!

The Mrs. has also allowed me to chuck the cost of the prodrive springs onto my credit card, so it's going in on Friday to get the Prodrive springs fitted face-icon-small-happy.gif I had to promise not to buy anything else for the car as long as the year ends in 05, so 1st of Jan i'm right back into it again!! face-icon-small-happy.gif