Any people work offshore (Aberdeen)???

Chris; that was I said the blind man face-icon-small-wink.gif

Was OIM on the 101 since I joined her during the build and then the commissioning phase out in Singapore Sept 99. Took her to Europe in Q1 of 2000 and was offshore Denmark until mid March 2005. She is in the East Irish Sea right now for Centrica and soon to move round to the SNS off Norwich and go to work for Tullow on the ex Shell assets. Onshore based in the Abz office now.

Don?t tell me you were out there as well at some point face-icon-small-confused.gif

Jools

i was there for one trip on the 101 during July 2004 i think. worked on the 72 for six months as a roustaout then did a couple of trips on the floor before going to the 101 for 3 weeks.

I think when i was there we were drilling for most of the last week, and had re-roped the top drive. Marcus was the driller with a guy called smiechel, nigel risborough and Scott the AD???

Think my old mans a coy man on the 80? at the moment, Martin.

Chris,

I used to spend a couple of weeks with Marcus Bruce; he is TP now and Scott is Driller and as for that Ugly Derrickman called smiechel; he's also promoted.

If it was the time we changed out the drill line on the Drawworks we were definitely out there together; I was on the floor for the whole bloody night and we did it in good time, without incident I may add.

Small world, ain?t it face-icon-small-cool.gif

you can tell i dont work offshore anymore.

the drill line on the drawworks, thats the oneface-icon-small-blush.gif

shmeikel is promoted also???? surely on knowledge and ambition rather than patter and looks !!!

LOL

meant to ask...whos that lunatic crane operator? dark haired nutter?

im currently an apprentice instrumentation tech.

seems to be plenty of jobs going especially in my trade can't seem to get enough young lads like myself.

is a huge skills shortage as im the youngest on the rig by 10 years and the average age is 50+ so will be even more jobs shortly!!

Carl davie i know one of the guys in the office involved with ur rig Alistair Duthie ring any bells??

• 16 years later...
  • 1 year later...