H+R Springs for a new-age

Anyone got these fitted to their Impreza? I'd MAYBE like to drop the car an inch, and i've heard the Eibach are a bit 'clunky' on Subaru's. Prodrive springs are an option, but i'd like some feedback on the H+R springs before making my mind up.

I've had eiback lowering springs on both my previous cars & they haven't been particularly clunky though.

Advice appreciated folks! face-icon-small-happy.gif

Contact awd motorsport in perth they do tein. ive had eibachs before good ride but only a drop of 35mm. dont touch gmax for any car.

Adjustables are the way to go for a large drop depending on cash.i noticed tein offer 1 year limited warranty, but eibach i am sure is the only manufacturer to offer 5 years. good luck

Aren't the Prodrive ones made by Eibach, obviously to Prodrive spec?

Quite fancy Prodrive or Tein on mine, but the new splitter and some speed bumps at some of the sites I can visit with work at mean it's just not happening.

Unless I get out and do a bit of measuring next time I visit.

Thanks for all the info guys, but the Mrs has asserted her authority.... no springs for me for a wee while face-icon-small-sad.gif

I was speaking to Spooks & Jamie & they both said a geometry set-up after the springs were fitted is a must, so that was obviously more cost to factor in.

Ah well, maybe get my springs done in the springtime face-icon-small-happy.gif

Speak to Dunc @ Hypertech again mate, he will keep you right. He fitted my tein coilovers and they are awesome, one of the best mods i have purchased.

Can vouch for Chris' car as well, sits nicely on the road, again Teins done by Dunc, who can also arrange geometry settings thro Pro Grip, think that costs about £40.

A sorry day to see that the Mrs is stopping modsface-icon-small-sad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gif

GB on divorce lawyers??face-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-tongue.gif

Scott

Dunc gave me a price for fitting the eibachs, but it was a little too rich for me at the moment. Especially after spending £150 to get the bonnet repainted last week after the bird-crap damage, and another £60 to the dent-wizard bloke for the dent on the front wing i noticed & the Fast n Modified show. On top of that is another £40 to have my newly-painted front grille re-painted after a stone flicked a finger-nail-sized fleck of paint off it!!

So that's £250 spent in the last 4 weeks that i hadn't planned on, so i suppose i've got to grudgingly admit that I should calm down for a wee while.

I'll look at it again after xmas probably, but thanks for all the info guys face-icon-small-happy.gif

Oobster - how bad was that bird poo damage - I can't believe a bonnett respray was required (although I admit red is not the most tolerant of colours). I admire your deication to keeping the car looking mint - but respraying a bonnet 'cos of bird poo - blimey face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Re the springs - have only ever heard good things about Eibachs. Would probably go that routre myself.

The bird-crap "burnt" it's way through the paint, and ended up looking like a 50p-size blister. Just happened to be slap-bang in the middle of the bonnet too, where it was most noticeable.

I use the wife as the test of noticeability, as she has got to be the most unobservant person in the world. If she can notice it, everyone can. So i said there was a mark on the bonnet of my car, she went outside and came back in 30 secs later saying "aye, there isny half!!" so that was the cue to have it fixed. If she hadn't noticed, i would have left it.