Dent Man

if you want a propper job get the panell repaired in a paint shop propely. mobile smart repairs are ok but i would only advise if you are selling the car. and before any one says b******s, i know because i do mobile smart repairs too. ask deano666 what mobile stuff looks like. i only do it for trade cars because it is essentially just a tidy up. if you really want it done that way i can give you anumber for a guy who will do it. Hope this dosent upset no one.

i bought a wrx from a dealer, the car needed the rear bumper and o/s door painted, the dealer said it would be done, looked good when i picked the car up,( in the rain) next day it looked sh*t, dog hairs, blue bottle flys, all stuck in the paint work. like barry said ok if you are just patching to sell, sorry no offence if it was you out there that done my cars paint work, then covered my car with colour magic to hide the scratches and then continue to bull sh*T me off and tell me it cant be washed for two weeks, cos it has had a all over paint job. BUT IM OVER IT NOW!! deep breaths, in and out...........

the problem with dents is that the panell is a pressed item, so to get a flat sheet in the shape you have to stretch the material. when you dent it the materials structure alters. best example is if you drop a heavy object on to a freshly made bed the center area where it lands will depress but the duvet around it will lift. if you get a pin dent you will see the center is in but you will not see so easily that the area around is raised. a pdr will push the low spot out flush to make the pannell asthetically pleasing but wont flush the rest. basically once its stretched its stretched. the only way is to panell beat with a shrinking hammer and dolly, two pack fill, prime and paint!

Hi Mark,

Give my mate Lee at Smart Inc a call, he runs his own company and we used him all the time when i did car sales. He is damm good and got me out the Sh*t many a time face-icon-small-smile.gif

He does repairs for Merc, Bmw, Bentley and all the lesser cars too face-icon-small-wink.gif In fact he has just won a contract with Aston Martin so that goes to show the quality of his work face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-cool.gif

His number is 07811214019

Tony face-icon-small-happy.gif