CADS meet on sunday.....

<< You shouldn't need a regas unless there's a leak then that needs sorting first. >>

face-icon-small-smile.gif

Thats not strictly true I had mine regassed twice but have not had a fault. If the system is not used for a while you tend to loose some of the gas via the seals, 134a is particularily searching in this respect.

Andy

<< Thats not strictly true I had mine regassed twice but have not had a fault. If the system is not used for a while you tend to loose some of the gas via the seals, 134a is particularily searching in this respect. >>

Then the message is "keep it on!"face-icon-small-wink.gif

<< Thats not strictly true I had mine regassed twice but have not had a fault. If the system is not used for a while you tend to loose some of the gas via the seals, 134a is particularily searching in this respect. >>

Actually what is more likely to fail is either the pump or condenser unit. Basically they are fridges ask yourself how may times you have had your fridge or freezer re gassed!

<<

Actually what is more likely to fail is either the pump or condenser unit. Basically they are fridges ask yourself how may times you have had your fridge or freezer re gassed! >>

Since were getting technical, a fridge unit uses a compressor not a pumpface-icon-small-wink.gif A semi or full hermetically sealed unit. Although fridge systems are known also known as heat pumps they don't actually use pumps.

The four main components of a system are; compressor, condenser, let down valve and evaporator.

Andyface-icon-small-happy.gif

<<

<< The four main components of a system are; compressor, condenser, let down valve and evaporator. >>

Thermostat??? >>

I did say "main" components, a stat after all is only a measuring device forming part of the control circuit.

Anyway didn't want to go into to much detail before I get called a sado.

Andyface-icon-small-wink.gif

<< Exactly Andy still unlikely to get a leak or is leek? Suppose it depends if you are welsh! >>

Now I could get really sad here and start discussing the F gas legislation regarding fugative gas emissions, but thats far too sad!face-icon-small-wink.gif

We go to great lengths to try and prevent loss off refrigerents from our fridge systems to ensure compliance. 134a or Tetrafluoroethane to give its non trade name, will actually permeate through some materials without having a physical leak.face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Andyface-icon-small-cool.gif

<<

<< Exactly Andy still unlikely to get a leak or is leek? Suppose it depends if you are welsh! >>

Now I could get really sad here and start discussing the F gas legislation regarding fugative gas emissions, but thats far too sad!face-icon-small-wink.gif

We go to great lengths to try and prevent loss off refrigerents from our fridge systems to ensure compliance. 134a or Tetrafluoroethane to give its non trade name, will actually permeate through some materials without having a physical leak.face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Andyface-icon-small-cool.gif >>

go Andy the engerneer!!!!!!!

[q go Andy the engerneer!!!!!!! >>

Thats an "engerneer" with First Class Honours, I graduated on Monday, it was flippin hot with that cap and gown on!

But not as hot as I was on Saturday night, went to a fancy dress, as "the only gay in the village" in red PVC shorts, top and calf length black leather boots! But I'm not circulating the photo's of that event! face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Andy.

<<

<< But not as hot as I was on Saturday night, went to a fancy dress, as "the only gay in the village" in red PVC shorts, top and calf length black leather boots! But I'm not circulating the photo's of that event! >>

Post 'em!!!!!! >>

Excuses for not posting:

1) Unfortunatly Bob, there on my computer at work at the moment face-icon-small-tongue.gif

2) And I dont know how to post pics

3) And its far too late at night

4) and there is a Y in Thursday

I'm sure I can think of many more excuses if I tried

but I could be persuaded

Andyface-icon-small-happy.gif