little bit of help please...

as a few of u know i got a citroen saxo for my birthday, but, recently iv been having some problems wif it n im lookin for some mechanical adviceface-icon-small-tongue.gif. heres the problem, when im driving, the car move or less drives itself lol, i kno it sounds daft but its like the accelorator is jammed although if i put my foot under the pedal n pull it up it doesnt make a difference. when i stop the car at say traffic lights or a junction u can hear the car revving up. but its not just a steady rev, it revs n stops revs n stops revs n stops and so on and the only way for me to stop it doin it is if i rev it up higher that its revving itself. its got to the point where im fed up of people finkin i wanna race them lol so anyone got any idea wot it could be and if so how much its gonna cost to get fixed?? cheers

Impossible to say without seeing the car.

First thought's were of the throttle body being a bit sticky, or the accelerator cable, but tbh, someone actually has to look at it before saying what's up with it.

Not my speciality I'm afraid.

Isn't it the case though that cars with fuel injection don't have carbs?

Dunno what your motor has in this way; I'd be looking at the ECU if it's directly injected perhaps.

If you're lucky, you can get one off a Scrappie.

K.