Typical

The other night I was coming up to a place called Newbigging. I overtook a car that was going slow, then slowed down when I got into the 30mph zone. Next thing I notice the car I overtook was driving bumper to bumper with me face-icon-small-mad.gif. So when I left the 30mph zone, I accelerated away from them and lost them. The next morning, I was getting ready for work when there was a knock at the door.....it was the police! They said they'd had a complaint about my driving. The two people that were in the car I'd overtaken had reported that I'd been driving dangerously face-icon-small-mad.gif. The police said they had enough evidence to do me for careless driving but were going to let me off with a warning. It just goes to show how much police time is wasted on pointless incidents and how they tried to scare me with the careless driving thing! Also, they didn't even care when I told them that the person in the car behind was tail gaiting me. This just goes to show how many people are out there with nothing better to do among them, the police face-icon-small-disgusted.gifTypical B**tards!!!

At least the police were following something up.

Any performance car or noisy/lewd car will attract people suspicions/jealousy/annoyance etc due to social conceptions.

A pity but at least the police did not charge you - not that they really coul have as far as I can see.

Brian face-icon-small-happy.gif

the main point of the thread was that its bad times when you get someone with nothing better to do than call the police and waste everyones time for someone overtaking them, then when i told the police about them tailgating me for overtaking them they dont want to knowface-icon-small-mad.gif

I had a knock at the door 15 mins ago from the local 5/0..... an elderly couple had reported that I have been fixing my car under their street light for the past 2 weeks.

After I thanked them for calling so late.. I told the officers that I had been on a training course in Wigan for the past fortnight and that tonight was the first time I'd started the Impreza for a while. I also pointed out that I have a main operated hand held light, a garage with 5 strip lights in it.......... and even if I didnt have those, I could use my own street lights if I wanted to fix my car.

Jason, my mate Benn used to get a fair bit of un-due hassle from the Police out that way.. he lives in Monikie, drives a black Civic.

I got a visit for the same thing, all I told the officers was that I couldnt be sure who it was behind me, and why they were behind me....... my car is desireable to most un-desireables, so I was merely trying to get away from them to reduce the risk to me and my property. They bought it. face-icon-small-happy.gif

Cheers,

Grant

jason is that Newbigging out by Carnwath?

Nice roads out that way, but funnily enough I was coming home the long way from near Pennicuik, from a coal site called Newbigging oddly enough, when I passed a Landcruiser, probably not too far from Newbigging the village, that was doing about 45-50. I got passed them not long before a 30 zone which I slowed down for, and they sat right up my backside through it. I find it highly intimidating when someone does that. Not that I'd have hung around to confront the guy.

Those roadworks on the M73 just now seem to be some sort of Mecca for people that like to sit 3 feet from your bumper in 1 solid lane of traffic doing 40mph with no possible place for them to overtake you. I want some sort of remote activated brake lights to wind them up.