do any 3rd party garages exist????

I bought a 97 Impreza Sport earlier this year and its been f'in great. As I am no petrol head I am looking for a garage that will do the odd bit as it needs it (currently needs an oil pump I've been told) but I cannot find anywhere other than Authorised Subaru garages on the web?! do any 3rd party garages exist that will look at a Subaru? or should I be taking it to the Authorised garages?

Cheers

<< Give us a clue where your based and I'm sure we can find you a garage that will assist >>

Doh! Sorry should've said. I'm in Bromley. I've been quoted £280+VAT from Waldonway (Subaru Authorised) in Kent to replace the oil pump. Is it a difficult job do you know?

Cheers, I'd appreciate any help.

<< I'm not up on garages in Kent but I'll move this into the Kent Scoobies Forum and I am sure they can help.

If your still struggling contact Xtreme Scoobies here in Essex they are a good bunch face-icon-small-wink.gif >>

It doesn't have to be Kent, South London will be fine. Any Garages you know of there? Up until a few months ago there was a Subaru Main Dealer 10min away (Spring Park Motors) but its now a Renault dealer face-icon-small-sad.gif I would've used these just for convenience.

Cheers

<< It doesn't have to be Kent, South London will be fine. Any Garages you know of there? Up until a few months ago there was a Subaru Main Dealer 10min away (Spring Park Motors) but its now a Renault dealer face-icon-small-sad.gif I would've used these just for convenience.

Cheers >>

Have to agree with Phil, i'm in Eltham but if i want any work done i'll go to Xtreme, a bit of a trek but well worth it face-icon-small-happy.gif

Thanks for the pointers guys & gals.

To fit an oil pump takes 1.5 hours charges vary from £45 - £60 per hour plus vatremoving the cambelt, oil pump is £139.29 plus vat from dealer or modified pump is £159.99 plus vat, need to top up the oil.

Ball park figures are £206.79 plus vat to £227.49 plus vat (242.98 to 267.30 inclusive)

Though your oil pump is the heart of the car so if this goes..........