Air flow meter

G'day all,

Please help rocket is a very sick puppy,I went down to see Phil at Dartford tuning and he diagnosed either the AIR FLOW METER or BLOCKED INJECTORS.Rocket is a 96 STI V3 import, I would appreciate it greatly if someone had an AIR FLOW METER that I could borrow for half an hour just to see if it does the trick,I haven't got a problem buying one but I dont want to shell out £250:00 odd only to find that it doesn't sort it.Phones Home02084612297 Work 02086933051 x 26 Mob 07951614323 E-mail pete@pcccommons.fsnet.co.uk

Cheers Guys & Girls

face-icon-small-sad.gif Pete & Rocket

SOME DAYS ITS JUST NOT WORTH CHEWING THRU THE RESTRAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mate,

Tried grade A but no luck.I have been put in contact with a guy called Colin Price who sounds like he knows what he's talking about but he's harder to get hold of than Santa,he rekons he can get an Air flow meter of a 96 car to try and he knows someone in Islington who recons them.

Regards,

Pete & Rocket.

SOME DAY ITS JUST NOT WORTH CHEWING THRU THE RESTRAINTS

G'day,

Haven't tried cleaning it as I dont know what I'm Doing,

I've been put in touch with a Guy by the name of Colin Price,he seems to know what he's talking about and may be able to borrow one off a 96 car and if that sorts it he knows someone who recons them.

Cheers,

Pete & Rocket.

SOME DAYS ITS JUST NOT WORTH CHEWING THRU THE RESTRAINTS

Rocket what year is your car?

The later cars have a more sensitive MAF than there earlier counterparts...so you have to be careful.

Ive got a 1994 version 1 STI and i cleaned mine by taking the airfilter off or if you still have the standard air box then remove that.I then bought some standard brake cleaner in a sparay can and sprayed it on the MAF throughly and put the airfilter back on and started my car.It was fine and worked alot better and stopped all the spluttering when cold and holding back.

Thats just what I would do though based on advice from someone I trust.

Hope that helps.....face-icon-small-smile.gif

Joe.....