NEW CLUTCH

Hi All,

As you all well know I’ve dealt with AP, RCM, Litchfield motors, Im,Subaru Uk, Prodrive,,TSL power stations, Fuji Racing, Exeddy, Samco, Perrin  and Rally Armour and never ever been so shabbily treated as by this “Competitive” clutch company 

I purchase a heavy duty clutch and matching flywheel. This was a USA supplier but apparently is based in UK and prominently sells on EBay and most performance car websites.
okay reasonable price at  £900-1000 for clutch and lightweight flywheel etc my Type 25’s. I fitted it in my “new” engine April 2023  IMG_1034.thumb.jpeg.e22111c69e763a897d7ef8cf24166aae.jpeg

because of an oil pressure issue with the “new” engine  I decided to take it out and overhaul my old engine at approximately 400miles. 

swapping over all the parts, didn’t seem an issue untill the clutch was removed. The flywheel seemed to only be worn/bedded in  on 50%, one half of flywheel 🙀

I thought it was prudent to contact eBay seller and ask if this was common or is there an issue that needs addressing as 4-500 miles covered. For a Subaru enthusiast having replaced 8 clutch li last 23 years the wear seems mighty strange.!!!!

but I would of course take the advice of the experts if they said the wear was normal. No problem refitting. 

Although would be the cheapest opportunity to change now as no further costs were incurred if and parts were swapped now. Compared with 3months time. As you can see by pictures looks abnormal to me  

50% of flywheel shows some wear/ use. 
the other 50% shows no touching and unused at all🤬

sadly the seller on eBay and the company on Facebook haven’t responded to my emails or messages  

I was really looking for some advice but seems like they are completely uninterested in customer service within the UK. Seems that They want to take your money and run  looking after ther home market  

Regards

tony 

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg