Hi there, new STI member

Hi all, I bought my 2003 Blobeye in June last year, 72000 miles and in great condition. I had a JCW 2006 cooper S that I did love driving but always had a hankering for an STI.

This will probably see my driving days out asd I am 71 next month and I do intend keeping this car fo a long time.

I have had a full underbody rustproofing treatment on it ( £1100 ) as I don't have a garage and sadly, it has to be kept on the road outside my house.

So I am looking forward to having many fun miles in it, first car I have had where the engine sound is better than the music from the head unit  🙂

IMG_20221017_142053.jpg

IMG_20221017_142104.jpg

IMG_20221017_142111.jpg

IMG_20221017_142136.jpg

IMG_20221017_142145.jpg

IMG_20221017_142221.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2023 at 10:58, t5nyw said:

Welcome to the club and very nice 2005 wide track STi.   I assume has PPP 👍

there are quite a few in the over 60’s club although won’t admit it. 🤣 I’m near 68 🙀

tony

Thanks for that, I don't think it has the PPP, as far as I was told when I bought it it has an exhaust change and a blow off valve, with a map printout showing 325bhp, there are two switches on front of the dash under the light adjuster, don't know what these do but when I accidently switched them both down once and  it wouldn't tick over less than 2500rpm. !!

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, tony k said:

Thanks for that, I don't think it has the PPP, as far as I was told when I bought it it has an exhaust change and a blow off valve, with a map printout showing 325bhp, there are two switches on front of the dash under the light adjuster, don't know what these do but when I accidently switched them both down once and  it wouldn't tick over less than 2500rpm. !!

Normally One is anti lag and other launch control. 

normsly with remap and exhaust is 340-350 ish 

tony

23 hours ago, tony k said:

Thanks for that, don't suppose there is any way I could work out which one does which ?

Launch control limits revs to 4-5krpm whilst stationary, & popping banging, once you car starts moving, normal throttle resumes 

anti lag
After Engine in gear over 4krpm (on boost) take foot off throttle quickly and  pops and bangs exhausts on  engine overrun 

On 15/02/2023 at 23:18, t5nyw said:

Launch control limits revs to 4-5krpm whilst stationary, & popping banging, once you car starts moving, normal throttle resumes 

anti lag
After Engine in gear over 4krpm (on boost) take foot off throttle quickly and  pops and bangs exhausts on  engine overrun 

Thank you for that, so I will switch each one in turn and see if it revs over 5000, when I find that one, presumably the other one will be the popping and banging one Like it doesn't get enough attention as it is 🙂

• Like 1

once warm 👍

Put one switch down with no throttle , in gear clutch down,  put throttle flat to floor and should only get max 5kpm Pops and bags (depending on what was set)  once you drop clutch and take off normal driving  then switch off. Or when you stop will restart again

the other switch down with no throttle,  and pop and bang when rev past boost and take foot off throttle. (Most commonly used) The happens all the time you take foot off throttle untill you switch it off. Good sound but eventually a Turbo killer  

you can either switch anti lag or Launch control on or caution can have both on at same time