That was a long year!... Finally back on road

Hi all!, some may of seen the last post regarding my old Forester, long story short..... 1999 S Turbo Bought in 2011, sold in 2012... By some Miracle managed to get back in july 29th 2019!, FATE!!

Enjoyed it for 3 weeks due to MOT running out and needed a lot of work to pass next one. Tested in Nov 2019 but failed. Needed a lot of welding.....

Sat in my Garage till June this year, had a chap take a look at the job after 2 others wouldn't take it on, she was fit for the scrap heap, chassis was so bad but I didn't want to give up on her.. Come too far!,

This guy was my hero, he worked on it when had a chance with other jobs, stripped it out, carpet, seats, trim, shocks, side skirts !!!, was a horror show under there. From June 4th to Aug 22nd he had it. Have some pics to add once ive sussed it out.. He used 1mm plate everywhere, waxoyl inside, underseal outside. Still needs more Underseal, but going back for that later. 

She flew through MOT apart from 1 advisory.

Filled her up with V power as a treat. Good to have her back on road, 

Swapping the coilovers over as to harder ride  for me, got some red shocks with tein lower springs all off a JDM impreza, rears done just fronts to do now.

Got some some things to do, nothing drastic but just want to enjoy the drive for a bit... Waited a year so no rush?

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, insane clown said:

1999 S Turbo Bought in 2011, sold in 2012... By some Miracle managed to get back in july 29th 2019!, FATE!!

This guy was my hero, he worked on it when had a chance with other jobs, stripped it out, carpet, seats, trim, shocks, side skirts !!!, was a horror show under there. From June 4th to Aug 22nd he had it. Have some pics to add once ive sussed it out.. He used 1mm plate everywhere, waxoyl inside, underseal outside. Still needs more Underseal, but going back for that later. 

She flew through MOT apart from 1 advisory.

Aesome obviously he enjoyed the challenge :icon_pray:

:default_needpics:

:ag:

Tony

59 minutes ago, insane clown said:

Tony what is the best way to use the pics on my phone to put on here?, used to use photobucket?, or can put them on my Facebook page and link to there? I haven't got any after pics yet, waiting from the man who took pics during and of progress.

if on computor can drag and drop.

on phone

if you look at the submit reply box, bottom left corner, above the notify me switch, is a paper clip.  "choose files" should take you to your phones photo albums. Hopefully or wasted 30mins typing LOL

Tony

Bloody hell, insane clown ( the before pics I am referring to!!). Thats a lot of advanced corrosion ( meaning holes).

Got my 2003 Forester due in October for its next MOT, keep thinking  mine's  got bad rust at the back, and each year is a bonus, but its probably got a few more left before it gets to your " before" state. Nice to hear what youre doing. Hope the after pics give me some inspiration.  

If using ipad, same as Tony says, " click to choose files" bottom left then straight to photo albums.   There may be a limit to how many digital units ( dont know the proper technical word) you are allowed load but Im sure our old friend ScoobyFloz can fix that problem that if youve got too many! 

ccrien, it was awful mate, one of those rear suspension turrets think it was off side, the hole at the top was the size of a shoe, nearside wasn't as bad, was quite disheartening when he first called me up to have a look after he stripped it. Asked me to make a decision, fix or scrap... When it was jacked up with front door open you couldnt actually shut it!.  

I need to have a good look on the ramps and get some after pics, I had a brief look during, and his welding is spot on, he knew the process and what I wanted long term.

Ive had mixed reactions, "why waste yer money on an old subaru," or "well done for keeping a mk1 on the road" can't win lol

My car my money?

All id say is mate if you intend to keep it a while then sort it before goes too far, 

• Upvote 1