Best Scoob under £15k?

Hi folks, I'm looking to invest in an Impreza to replace my recently sold MK1 Golf GTI as an occasional (sunny Sunday drive). I have a budget of £15k (possibly a little more) and intend to keep the car long term. I've previously owned and ran daily a blob STI UK (2003 model) and an RB320. I sold the the blob STI in 2009 and the RB in 2012. Doing some research, the 2.5 sounds problematic (potentially) and I want to be in the lower tax band, so I've pretty much ruled out another RB, or UK hawkeye for those reasons......I've narrowed my search to JDM hawk or spec C due to having the 2.0, the lower tax and seem to be corrosion free compared to STI UK models.....looking for some expert opinion on what models are available and thought what better place to come than SIDC? Apreacite your comments folks ?

Edited by Banshee101
Minor update

Welcome to the SIDC :thumbs:

I 100% agree to your choices, and should get you a Hawk STi or Hawk STi for that money. And on plus side it,s not your first Subaru "Rodeo"

Although you will notice that JDMs prices are holding very well, which brings its own problems.

I spent 5 months helping a local friend get a reasonable JDM Hawk. with any 15 year old performance car plenty of nails and Sheds are out there.

Even obvious UK cars and not so, being sold as JDM,s. Some people didn,t know what they previously bought and so were conned. Others blatant rogues.

JDMs that are mint enthusiasts cars are so rare and demand big bucks.

There are a few reputable dealers out there and a very well known Rouge with new name.

Perhaps concider a Fresh import but again car age against you, see what Auction code is has.

I,m probably going against my normal  adivise, as say get a mint, enthusiasts low millage UK as long as properly forged. it may be better choice than a rough JDM.

best of luck

Tony

Tony

On 24/02/2020 at 23:28, t5nyw said:

Welcome to the SIDC :thumbs:

I 100% agree to your choices, and should get you a Hawk STi or Hawk STi for that money. And on plus side it,s not your first Subaru "Rodeo"

Although you will notice that JDMs prices are holding very well, which brings its own problems.

I spent 5 months helping a local friend get a reasonable JDM Hawk. with any 15 year old performance car plenty of nails and Sheds are out there.

Even obvious UK cars and not so, being sold as JDM,s. Some people didn,t know what they previously bought and so were conned. Others blatant rogues.

JDMs that are mint enthusiasts cars are so rare and demand big bucks.

There are a few reputable dealers out there and a very well known Rouge with new name.

Perhaps concider a Fresh import but again car age against you, see what Auction code is has.

I,m probably going against my normal  adivise, as say get a mint, enthusiasts low millage UK as long as properly forged. it may be better choice than a rough JDM.

best of luck

Tony

Tony

Thanks Tony, sound advice no doubt.?

I’m still looking.....so, you have a type 25? how is that? 

cheers  

1 hour ago, Banshee101 said:

Thanks Tony, sound advice no doubt.?

I’m still looking.....so, you have a type 25? how is that? 

cheers  

yes still got it but has 105,000 miles . So a bit tired. I use it mostly on the track. i have  2011 saloon 340R but doesnt scratch the itch :ag: