Here's a quick question to throw into the mix, when starting your car do you turn the ignition and wait a few seconds before actually starting or do you go full bore straight away?

I have always just started and never waited and it has always seemed fine but a self proclaimed expert at work ? was droning on at me about waiting for the fuel pump to prime, or something like that, I stopped listening. 

Just wondered if you guys did this and if there is any real reason as I have never had an issue.

Never heard that one before, if there's enough fuel to start up straight away then your fuel pump is doing it's job adequately.  Put it another way, a fuel pump that can deliver the volume you need at full chat can surely deliver enough to start and idle almost instantaneously!     

If you turn the key but wait a few seconds and don't start the car,  I think  the fuel pump actually cuts out, goes quiet on our cars?  

maybe your expert has one of these modern advanced cars that has lots of electronic systems that need to warm up before starting lol. 

P.S. He's not talking about diesels is he? Glow plugs warming up?

Edited by ccrien
1 hour ago, scoobyjoff said:

I leave it for a few seconds and enjoy the moment when my dials sweep round and go back again oooh u gotta love sweepy dials dont you think MR FLOZ ????

Evening mr scoobyjoff, I hate to say it but I think you've been sucked in by " fake news". Don't believe the speed or rpm your dials are telling you, ever again.  Your motor wasn't even running. 

You,ll be after sweepy indicators like some Audis next! 

Edited by ccrien