Snow in north east Hertfordshire

Morning after the first 3" inches of snow this festive season, perfectly clean STi was in the garage, so decided to drive the Merc C350 AMG down to the village to pick up my newspaper. What a mistake! Rear wheel drive, 306bhp and 265 tyres don't mix! Next similar snowfall, took to the STi - would not believe the incredible traction - makes me realise why I stick to Subaru awd! 

It is amazing. After our Xmas meal in Milton Keynes the snow was about the same. Cars were sliding all over the place and there were plenty of BMWs stuck on nothing more than a puddle :D

The Scoob however just sailed along and we even overtook the gritting truck. Front splitter didn’t like it too much though :crying:

8A5EAA29-C530-453E-8A74-083440CB1708.jpeg

A good few years ago took the previous WRX PPP along one of our ungritted lanes - fine until going slower and slower. Found the the optional lower Subaru lower spoiler had attempted to act like a snow plough! Ok after employing snow shovel.  Going back many years, commuted 20 miles in RWD classics - Ford Corsair 2000E, RS 2000, a couple of Scorpio Cosworths etc  (sorry showing my age) and never managed to get stuck in snow. Certainly a few scary moments, but character building and excellent experience...

WRX November 2010 017.jpg